AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for MAC 2012

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
sdasd141
16109 Views, 30 Replies

AutoCAD for MAC 2012

When will the next mac version of AutoCAD will be released..

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: pesansiviero

Hi,

The free multi-year version for students and educators should be available by the weekend.

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2011/08/download-autocad-2012-for-mac-now.html

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 31
mariosmk
in reply to: maxim_k

If i download the trial version of 2012 autocad for mac and then ask for a student unlock key i will be ok?

Message 23 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: sdasd141

I think - yes, because installation package for Trial, Commertial and Student versions is the same

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 24 of 31
mariosmk

Why autocad 2012 for students isn't ready for download?
Message 25 of 31
TSINT

XDCDSXDSFG
Message 26 of 31
HawkAIA

Ok, I have installed Mac 2012 and I have a really dumb question. The program installed as a completely separate app, and did not upgrade my 2011 version.  Is there no way to import my customized settings from version 2011?  It looks like I have to start all over again from scratch building my customization - lisp routines, fonts, interface, system variables, on and on.

--

Hawk

Message 27 of 31
betazero
in reply to: HawkAIA

Ok for someone who has used Autocad for 12 years why does it seem like Autodesk is not taking this product seriously on MAC? 

#1 - no dynamic block editing? .... that puts the nails in that coffin right off the bat.

#2 - its very sluggish ( zooming , panning , drawing a line.......uhhh......, inserting a block.... wow its bad! ) on my maxed out 27" brand new iMAC...I cant imagine how it runs on other systems.

#3 - I cant believe that a simple thing like adding a path has to be made so difficult in the preferences.... I thought for sure that would be fixed from 2011

#4 - Change clean screen into Full screen mode please and let me dock toolbars and properties inspector and fly them out like all Autocad products have been for the last 5 years or so. Pallettes take up too much vauable space even on a 27" monitor. I want to see my drawing only and palletes only when I need them.

#5 - or drop the price to 100 bucks if we are just beta testing a product. I can't see myself using this when in 2 minutes I can switch to bootcamp and use my old 2008 autocad which runs circles around this product. I am sorry but the best addition to Autocad in the last 3+ years has been dynamic blocks hands down! Why it wasnt in 2011 was a mystery...WHy it is not in 2012 is just plane wrong!!!!

#6 - the disconnected toolbars are annoying! Please look at how Pages, or Keynote, or iTunes or any other Apple made product is made. The toolbars are connected. Please dont think we all like the way Adobe still makes Mac apps. Keep it simple! Keep it connected! please 🙂

#7 - please add me as a beta tester before you kill this product off. Oh and while your at it ( like your really listening ) knock a zero off all your products and see how many people start buying them legitamitaly. You are just asking for trouble when you price products over 499 bucks. That should be the limit! You are not making more money selling at a rediculous price. You are just not selling to 99% of the small buisness market and 75% of the madium buisness and maybe 25% of the big buisnesses... but how many big buisness cad firms are there?? I have never seen more than a 25 man office in my area. We still use 2008 with major autolisp efficiency tweaking and major use of dynamic blocks ( wish I could pat the designer of that gem on the back ) Now that we are working for 50 cents on the dollar you should at least divide the prices by 2 .... 

Some minor grips

#1 -when I open a new drawing it should be maximized

Message 28 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: betazero

@betazero wrote:

#7 - please add me as a beta tester before you kill this product off.

Hi,

Can answer only to one of your questions. As I did it 2 1/2 years ago, just join beta.autodesk.com:

Screen shot 2011-08-25 at 15.34.15.png

complete questionnaire (highlight your interests specially, I mean Mac and AutoCAD) and wait for some time (in may case it was about one month).

HTH

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 29 of 31
jodecaesteker

Hi,

I installed Windows 7 with AUtocad for Windows (2012) on a Boot Camp partition on my iMac. I have a subscription by the way. I read you can now transfer your license between platforms (from win to mac) online, using the same activation/request code for the windows license.

Is there still a fee to be paid as it was the case with Autocad for Mac 2011? And when I change platforms, is my subscription going to be changed into the other platform (meaning I'll get the DVD/download for Autocad for Mac 2013 next year instead of Windows) as I'm staying in subscription?

Does anyone know?

Cheers!

Jo D.

architect (and happy mac-user, getting happier and happier with Autocad being available for Mac natively.)

Message 30 of 31
mariosmk
in reply to: betazero

Exacly mate.

Tags (1)
Message 31 of 31
betazero
in reply to: jodecaesteker

Wow I would make sure you try out the Mac version before you switch....you will been getting half a product for the same amount of money. If they let you install either version under the same liscense that would be cool. So in like 3 years when/if the Mac version catches up to the pc one I can start using the mac one...yeaaa....(insert golf clap here...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost