AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Trial Download won't launch

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
katie1994
5784 Views, 47 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Trial Download won't launch

I have tried several times to download the trial version onto a brand new Mac Pro running OS X Snow Leopard. Akami downloads, then I downloaded the AutoCAD trial, then I installed the trial version. When I click on the AutoCAD icon in the dock the splash window appears saying "loading" for a few seconds, then it closes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the computer, all the usual tricks. And yes, language is set to English.

From what I can tell this is a problem for a lot of people but I have seen no explanation or suggestion other than an obscure suggesting about Journalling and reformatting the harddrive. Seems a bit excessive for a 30 day trial.

Hey Autodesk, if you want to sell to Mac users I suggest you give us some help!

47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48
maxim_k
in reply to: katie1994

Two questions:
1. Do you have Case Sensative partition , or you just write about Jornaling "by the way"
2. What you se in Console app, at the AutoCAD loading time?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 48
katie1994
in reply to: maxim_k

I found a suggestion in a user forum that referenced something about a "Journeling" setting. I have no idea what it means. And I don't understand what you mean by Case Sensative partition or Console app. I am not an administrator or an IT expert. I use AutoCAD as a tool, I don't write lisp routines or anything else like that so please,please, please write your replies in "Dummies For" language.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Message 4 of 48
maxim_k

Hi Katie,

You should not be an administrator or an IT expert in order to know where Console application located.

It is very simple:

- locate Spotlight search in the upper right corner of you screen,

- put cursor there and start type word "Console":

- you will see something like this:

Screen shot 2011-08-19 at 17.51.15.png
- select Console from list and hit Return (enter) key to start Console.app

- you will be granted with window:

Screen shot 2011-08-19 at 17.56.08.png

- on the left Pane select "system.log" (#1 on screen-shot), if you don't see left Pane - click on "Show Log list" button on toolbar

- start AutoCAD, then look to the right Pane of Console app - you should see information about AutoCAD (in my case - AutoCAD started successfully - see #2 on the screen-shot)

- in your case you should see something different, try to select information since the time you start AutoCAD with mouse (just like you do it in your favorite text editor), then copy to clipboard and paste to your reply on Forums.

About "Journaling" and "Case Sensitive" - don't bother, as I think it's OK with your File System, as you wrote, that your Mac is "brand new".

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 48
katie1994

Thanks for the details, I was able to find just what you asked for. Below is the last few inches after I tried to launch the trial AutoCAD on my mac.

10:28:38 CUPS config timestamp change detected but old config retrieved via interface!Aug 19 10:28:47 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12082]): posix_spawn("/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSPS2/BackGrounder/Canon PS2 BackGrounder.app/Contents/MacOS/Canon PS2 BackGrounder", ...): No such file or directoryAug 19 10:28:47 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12082]): Exited with exit code: 1Aug 19 10:28:47 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 secondsAug 19 10:28:57 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12084]): posix_spawn("/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSPS2/BackGrounder/Canon PS2 BackGrounder.app/Contents/MacOS/Canon PS2 BackGrounder", ...): No such file or directoryAug 19 10:28:57 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12084]): Exited with exit code: 1Aug 19 10:28:57 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 secondsAug 19 10:28:57 Administrators-MacBook-3 LMU[12000]: exiting and supressing hooks: 0Aug 19 10:29:07 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12086]): posix_spawn("/Library/Printers/Canon/CUPSPS2/BackGrounder/Canon PS2 BackGrounder.app/Contents/MacOS/Canon PS2 BackGrounder", ...): No such file or directoryAug 19 10:29:07 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder[12086]): Exited with exit code: 1Aug 19 10:29:07 Administrators-MacBook-3 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[93] (jp.co.canon.CUPSPS2.BackGrounder): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Message 6 of 48
maxim_k

One more question: do you have any Adobe software installed on your Mac - Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 48
katie1994

Yes, Adobe Acrobat Pro

Message 8 of 48
maxim_k

OK, in your Log information I can see that AutoCAD LIcense Manager can not start normally.
Could you try this solution:
http://macacad.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/
Note, that Library folder, that mentioned in the post above - is Library folder in the root of your Hard drive, not Library folder in your Home folder.

Please report the result here, or questions about this solution.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 48
maxim_k

BTW I also noticed, that there is something wrong with your Canon printer driver- it reports errors every time.
Max

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 48
katie1994

Smiley Very Happy

Yeah! it worked! Now I can try this version out. You should put this on the download page, I have been fooling around trying to download this ever since it was announced!

Thanks so much for the simple solution and explanations, it really helped. BTW, there was only one .data file in the FLEXnet folder.

Message 11 of 48
fgaymor

hi, similar problem, cant run the trial version Autocad 2012 mac version, i read all the post and the link to solve the problem with the FLEXnet folder, dont have FLEXnet folder but some adobe programs installed, my console tells this:

29-08-11 3:50:17[0x0-0xad0ad].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[11677]Autoload Feature Installed29-08-11 3:50:17[0x0-0xad0ad].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[11677]Materials Configuration Not Found in the Bundle - Skipping 29-08-11 3:50:20lmuopen[11723]Launching: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R4/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU29-08-11 3:50:26com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[223]([0x0-0xad0ad].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[11677]) Exited with exit code: 255

Any clue?

Message 12 of 48
maxim_k
in reply to: fgaymor

Where do you looking for FLEXnet folder?

You shuold look for it in the Library folder in root partition of your HD:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 48
standishassoc

Cannot open AutoCAD_2012_English_Mac_OSX.dmg from desktop: Double-clicking on .dmg icon opens a window that says "WARNING The following disk images couldn't be opened"  "AutoCAD_2012_English_Mac_OSX.dmg" Reason: "not recognized". However, the installer for the Akamai NetSession Interface.pkg opened and apparently achieved the download. What's happening?

Message 14 of 48
katie1994
in reply to: fgaymor

The Flexnet folder is in Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences. There is also a Library folder in Username/Library/Preferences where Username is your name. You want the first one.

Message 15 of 48
lauren.galeotti

same problem, my splash screen wont go past the "loading" stage to allow me to register and authenticate my program.  i have upgraded to Lion, as well as tried to download 2011 and 2012 multiple times.  this is what my console says:

Sep 13 00:13:53 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro [0x0-0x9d09d].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[7264]: Autoload Feature InstalledSep 13 00:13:53 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro [0x0-0x9d09d].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[7264]: Materials Configuration Not Found in the Bundle - Skipping Sep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7308]: 7308 DAEMONIZE: setting umask 0Sep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7308]: 7308 DAEMONIZE: session parent exitingSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7308]: exiting and supressing hooks: 0Sep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7309]: 7309 DAEMONIZE: session new session leaderSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7309]: 7309 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect parent exitingSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7310]: 7310 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect childSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7310]: 7310 DAEMONIZE: closing file descriptorsSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7310]: 7310 Execing /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R4/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/lmuopenSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7310]: 7310 with argument: lmuopenSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro LMU[7310]: 7310 with argument: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R4/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMUSep 13 00:13:57 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro lmuopen[7310]: Launching: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R4/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMUSep 13 00:14:28 Lauren-Galeottis-MacBook-Pro com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[134] ([0x0-0x9d09d].com.autodesk.AutoCAD[7264]): Exited with code: 255

unsure what this means, please help.  i need this for school and am becoming increasingly frustrated. ive been trying to get this to work for HOURS.

Message 16 of 48

Hey everyone, I have exactly the same problem as the previous user. I need to use AutoCAD asap 😞 But ever since I installed MAC OS X Lion I cannot use CAD on my MacBook Pro. 

The other problem I have is the link on the first page It goes to some kind of fake website that has nothing to do with the problem.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Message 17 of 48
maxim_k
in reply to: yulia.2502

Hi

The address of my blog has changed (not sure temporary or not):

so I update broken link to the solution here:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 18 of 48
cajunlab

Deleting flex net folder, uninstalling acad 2012 for Mac, and reinstalling does not fix the problem
Any other ideas?
There must be some hidden files lingering
Message 19 of 48
yulia.2502

Maxim, this link is broken as well...:(((

Message 20 of 48
maxim_k
in reply to: yulia.2502

For some reason board system added some garbage to the end of the link, it should ends with "software/"

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost