AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad educational version doesn't work anymore!(anche in italiano)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
890 Views, 13 Replies

autocad educational version doesn't work anymore!(anche in italiano)

first i want to excuse me for my english, it isn't good but if you have an answer to solve my problems i would be so happy!

I'm a student of architecture and i use Autocad every day for many hours, but there are several days that the programme doesn't work very vell, i used till now the Windows version but today also this version had some problems.

my problems are:

- i don't have some functions of the right button of the mouse, that are "properties", "select similar"

- i can't select a part of drawing and than move it clikking the button "move", but i have to click the button, select the part of the drawing and than give the ok trough the keyboard, i have to do this ALWAYS, no command work directly, neither the erase button

- i can't select a part of a drawing and change its layer directly using the list

- often drafting commands are not on the screen when i open files, so i have to close cad and reopen it

all these problems have started also in the windows version today, the file on what i was working failed 4 times and after the last time all the problems i have written above have started.

- often cad stops and it close the application (i don't do anything to close it!!!), it happened 6 times in an evening

please help me, i can't work in a good way and i have to do my semester exams!

italiano

ho alcuni problemi sia con cad per mac che con cad 2011 per windows, ho usato la versione di windows fino ad oggi perchè funzionava bene, oggi però il file mi si è bloccato 4 volte e dopo l'ultima il programma ha iniziato ad avere gli stessi problemi che ha su mac.

- mancano alcuni comandi del tasto destro del mac: PROPRIETà, PROPRIETà RAPIDE e SELEZIONA SIMILE

- non posso selezionare un disegno e spostarlo o agire direttamente cliccando il comando che mi serve ma ogni volta devo prima cliccare il comando, selezionare con il quadratino il pezzo che mi serve e poi dare l'invio

- spesso i drafting commands non ci sono quando apro il file, devo richiuderlo e aprirlo di nuovo

- a volte si blocca e si chiude, ho provato ad avere casi del genere anche 6 volte in una sera,

non posso lavorare così, soprattutto ora che sono sotto esame, aiutatemi!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:

my problems are:

- i don't have some functions of the right button of the mouse, that are "properties", "select similar"

- i can't select a part of drawing and than move it clikking the button "move", but i have to click the button, select the part of the drawing and than give the ok trough the keyboard, i have to do this ALWAYS, no command work directly, neither the erase button

- i can't select a part of a drawing and change its layer directly using the list

Fortunately in order to solve these problems you need only to change value of PICKFIRST system variable to 1 (you currently have 0)

@Anonymous wrote:
(3) - often drafting commands are not on the screen when i open files, so i have to close cad and reopen it

(1) all these problems have started also in the windows version today, the file on what i was working failed 4 times and after the last time all the problems i have written above have started.

(2) - often cad stops and it close the application (i don't do anything to close it!!!), it happened 6 times in an evening

(1) Try to run AUDIT command on your problem file,

(2) SAVE OFTEN YOU WORK!

(3) Not realy understand what do you mean "commands are not on the screen"

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

thanks for the answer, sorry but i don't really undestrand what is PICKFIRST, where i find this?

with "commands are not on the screen" i mean that somethimes when i open a file the left belt with commands don't compare and even if i click on the symbol of "drafting" (a rectangle) it doesn't work.

- what is Audit command?

sorry but i'm not really good with pc stuff, i work with it but i don't really know all the functions...

bye!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
maxim_k

Hi,

About PICKFIRST:

When no command is active, at the command prompt just type PICKFIRST, hit Return key (enter) and type 1.

from Help:

"System Variables 

AutoCAD for Mac® stores the values for its operating environment and some of its commands in system variables. You can examine any system variable and change any writable system variable directly at the command prompt by entering the system variable name..."

About AUDIT:

In AutoCAD for Mac - type command name AUDIT at command prompt and follow on screen instructions, for more details see AUDIT and RECOVER. In AutoCAD for Windows you can find these commands in Application menu Drawing Utilities(AutoCAD 2007 - 2011)

About "left belt with commands" (actually it is "Tool Sets Palette") - I don't have had this issue, but you can try to close-open palette by hitting Command+1 twice, or try Window Reset Palettes, or try right-click on any Tool Sets button and select Reset Tool Sets:

Screen shot 2011-01-24 at 23.28.07.png

HTH

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

I got a similar problem, on educacional version, autocad does not recognize my keyboard,
I cannot type anything on the command line, not even to write documments names
No key is working...
Keeps making an error beep everytime I try to type
Message 6 of 14
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

What about other applications? The same beeps?
Have youvtried:
- restart your Mac
- if you use external keyboard (that is you don't on MacBook ) try to disconnect and reconnect keyboard (USB), or remove - install batteries if it is Bluetooth.

Maxi

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Other aplications are working fine..

I realized that the only key working is the delete key,

commands can be pasted on command line with the right button of the mouse

but the enter does not work..

I tried to restart and tried to detach keyboard and nothing happened..

Message 8 of 14
maxim_k

Were you able to use AutoCAD normally after you install it?
Try to remove AutoCAD with "Remove AutoCAD" application, don't forget to un-check "Leave AutoCAD preferences" option during removing AutoCAD, than install it again.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

No,

I had one 2011 trial version first, but it had expired,

then I tried to install autocad 2014 educational version and couldn't

because the installer keeps telling me I got an autocad already installed,

the only version I could install was autocad 2011 and since installation I got the same problem..

I had uninstalled and installed again, and the problem is still happening

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

please,

can someone tell what can I do?

I'm teaching autocad at university..

never had trouble with the pc version before

thanks

Message 11 of 14
maxim_k

What OS do you have on your Mac?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I have mac osx 10.5.8

thanks

Message 13 of 14
maxim_k

You can install AutoCAD 2014 for Mac only on Mac running OS X 10.8.5 and higher.
The only one AutoCAD for Mac that you can use on 10.5.8 is AC 2011.
You need to upgrade OS on your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

please,

can someone tell what can I do?

Yes. Use the Windows version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost