AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Crashes on startup

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
windebank.theo
2794 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCad Crashes on startup

When I start AutoCad the icon bounces for a minute or so and then quits, sometimes the splash screen comes up for a bit.

I've tried deleting the window save state as suggested here but no success. I have reinstalled countless times and even resorted to deleing all the files using TrashMe but it still wont start. I don't know if this is any help but here's the console message when starting the application.

I'm running it on a late 2009 iMac on 10.7.2

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
carincon
in reply to: windebank.theo

I've had the same problem for a month now.

I have no idea what to do.

If you figure it out let me know. I will keep trying and let you know if I find how to fix this.

Message 3 of 22

If anyone has any ideas about what's happened I'd really appreciate it.

Message 4 of 22
maxim_k

Are you able to start AutoCAD from another account on your Mac? (you can create one temporary for test or just use Guest account)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 22
windebank.theo
in reply to: maxim_k

Nope, the same thing happens. I've tried using spotlight to delete every single file associated with AutoDesk and AutoCad, even looked through the reciepts and deleted everything referenced there yet it still happens! I have no idea how. It has worked in the past and for now I'm having to run it from Parallels on Windows 7.

Message 6 of 22
kingsley

I started having the same problem last week, as far as I know I had not installed any software updates recently.  In fact I had been using the software just minutes before.  I am running a Fall 2008 MBP with 10.7.3.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice but I get the same result.

Message 7 of 22
maxim_k

Hi windebank.theo,

Forgive me for waisting the time and asking unnecessary questions, but I just noticed on the line following line from your system log in initial post:

"com.apple.launchd.peruser.502:..."

It appears that your User ID on Mac is 502.

Can you try to run the following command in the Terminal.app (Application/Utilities):

id -u "your_user_name" 

where "your_user_name" is your short user name (in quotes) on Mac,

What result do you get

If it will be 502, then my assumptions are correct. AFAIK the result should be 501 in order AutoCAD to run correctly. It is a problem of duplicate usernames that AutoCAD did not like. My advice - try to find Mac Guru who can help you to solve User ID problem. I know one person who managed to solve such problem with a help of Mac Genius at Apple Store (see here: http://getsatisfaction.com/autocadltformac/topics/_error_starting_autocad_lt_for_mac_after_download)...

@ kingsley:

May be you have the same issue.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 22
windebank.theo

Ah yes, it is 502, now I have somewhere to start!

Thanks maxim_k.

Message 9 of 22

Hey maxim_k, after googling the issue you specified, I found this http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/, one of your blog posts I believe. It seemed to do the trick so thanks anyway!

Message 10 of 22
kingsley

This solution emailed to me from Autodesk resolved my issue...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18406763&linkID=15839490

Message 11 of 22

Hi maxim,

ive read your posts and tried typing idmyusername in terminal but terminal is not recodnising the command,

i still cant get cad to work on mac...any ideas?

thanks

Message 12 of 22
anock

hi......i am a new user to autocad2012 for the mac and have just purchased a brand new macbook pro and licenced downloaded version of 2012 for the mac (australia).

i have been sucessfully using the programme for about a week now and last night when i was hooked the computer up to the printer the computer had a tell tale screen freeze that seems to be typical for lion uses. after this crash i have been unable to restart autocad. i have tried uninstalling, deleting hidden files etc. numerous times. very frustrating.

it seems when i have looked this problem up there seems to be no real solution help, help, help, please help. 

Message 13 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: clairecarter

Hi clairecarter,

If you want to know your User ID, you have to type this command in Terminal:

id -u "your_user_name"

with spaces, exactly as you see it here, don't forget to substitute "your_user_name" with your account short name (actually the name of your home folder).

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 22

Thanks maxim , I got 501 not 502 .. So I guess it's not the same problem .. Any further suggestions ??
Message 15 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: clairecarter

There might be a lot of reasons, but "most popular" are:

1. AutoCAD will not launch following a crash on Mac OS X (Lion) 

2. AutoCAD for MAC and Adobe software

Have you tried them?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 16 of 22
anock

you are a legend........this has been doing my head in. the adobe conflict was the reason.

cheers again,

alex

Message 17 of 22
jessiecchapman

Hi I am having the problem too, and have tried the Adobe workaround you suggested. It didn't work, and now my Adobe software won't run either. This is getting very expensive! Can you advise me please?

I checked the user name and it's 501, by the way.

thank you.

Message 18 of 22
jessiecchapman

Also: I checked and made sure the language and hardware reqs are ok, the HD is Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) It's a MacBook Pro and this is a second install of LT for Mac (first one was fine on an iMac.) After moving the Flexnet folder, I still have the same problem with Acad starting up (it just flashes for a second and then disappears.) Now my Adobe Illustrator won't start up either, so I am really stuck.

I can attach Console messages too, if that helps.

Logged into App store on MBP and it shows the program as "Installed" though now it has disappeared (on both machines) from the "Purchased" list.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Message 19 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: jessiecchapman

Hi jessiecchapman,

If you are talking about AutoCAD LT for Mac ("this is a second install of LT for Mac"), then there is nothing to do with Flexnet folder, as AC LT for Mac has different protection. You have to check App Store application, because you purchased AutoCAD LT from Apple, and it is really strange that application "has disappeared (on both machines) from the "Purchased" list". Are you sure that you logged in with the same account as you purchased AutoCAD LT?

About Adobe Software - if you have legal copy of it, you can (as I assume) re-activate it on the same machine for the second (third ....) time.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 20 of 22

Yes, it's an install of LT, and yes, it's a legal copy of CS3, but I have run out of installs, so I am truly stuck. I should never have risked fiddling with the Flexnet folder.

I'm configuring it for someone who has never used cad before, so there is considerable work to do, and I'd hoped to be able to install it on my laptop so that I can spend some time with it. That way, I'd be able to respond better when he has questions about the program.

Anyway, I still have no success starting up AcadLT. Do you think you can advise me on that? It says "installed," but I can't see it work!

thanks so much. Your tips are really helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost