AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Crash with page setup manager

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
andrea.durzo
2930 Views, 19 Replies

Autocad Crash with page setup manager

Hi guys,

I've installed autocad 2012 with Lion OSX and it crash when i start page setup manager? Is it fixable?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
andrea.durzo
in reply to: andrea.durzo

Properly it crash when i try to set the border limits of the sheet. If i want to create a A4 Borderless and i put 0 as border sheet it crash

Message 3 of 20
maxim_k

Hi,

There is a bug in AC 2012 and AC 2011 for Mac associated with the "Edit custom paper sizes" dialog box. If you put cursor to any of text fields in this dialog and hit Return or Delete key - AutoCAD crashes.

Try to avoid this: place focus to text field, select text inside it, then start type your value, you have to type first number twice to make it appear in the text field.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 20
andrea.durzo
in reply to: maxim_k

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. But with snow leopard it didn't crash and for me also with autocad 2011

Message 5 of 20
maxim_k

OK,

Could you try to delete Custom papaer sizes (if any) before adding new in AutoCAD? You can do this for example in Preview.app if AutoCAD crashes in Manage Custom Paper Sizes dialog.

If you doesn't have custom paper sizes at all maybe resetting Print system in Printers pane of System Preferences can help you (you have to add printers to your Sytem again after resetting)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 20
andrea.durzo

Thank you very much Maxim, but it still doesn't work. I have to find a method to import the pages format thant i want into this version of autocad, or i couldn't print pages borderless so i couldn't work with Lion

Andrea

Message 7 of 20
maxim_k

What kind of printers do you have in your system? (Network or local)

Have you tried to create a new one with "localhost" output in order to use it for PDF output with custom paper sizes?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 20
andrea.durzo

Hi maxim, thank you for your interest to my problem. I have only a common Canon multifunctional printer. I always create my sheets with page setup manager to create pdf files and import them in photoshop or print it to a plotter shop (like that one of my university). i always use borderless sheets, but when i put 0 in page setup manager, autocad crashes. What do you mean with "new printer with localhost"?

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 20
andrea.durzo

Okay Maxim, i don't know, but i've temporarily solved the problem. When i choose my Canon MX350 from printers list, i can choose from some paper-sizes. So sometimes i have a list and sometimes i have an other list! i know it is incredible, but so it is! Now sometimes in the paper-sizes list i have also A4 borderless! I've added A0, A1, A2, and A3 page sizes with "Manage Custom Sizes" and i only have to select my printer and the values of border become 0.00 cm.
To show you what i want to say with my orrible english, i post some screenshots.

Sorry and thank you for your patient 

Message 10 of 20
andrea.durzo

the others shots

Oh, i've also tried to install a new printer named localhost with a driver from the list, but really, i don't know why i've done it Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 20
maxim_k

Hi Andrea,

Glad to hear, that you have success with "boderless" paper sizes! (Am I right?)

Two comments:

1. About various paper sizes lists - the list of paper sizes actually depends on what printer you select in Page Setup dialog, so if you change printer - list of paper sizes changes accordingly.

2. About localhost printer port - you should not to name your printer "licalhost" (also you can name it so). Instead you have to configure printer port as "localhost" to be able to use it in Mac OS without physically connecting the printer. Short description on "how to" (for Snow Leopard, for Lion, I think, the same except the name of Print & Fax pane):

1. Open System Preferences, and select Print & Fax.
  2. Choose the + sign to add a new printer.
  3. Choose IP.
  4. In the Protocol pop-up menu, choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
  5. In the Address field, type in localhost. Type the name for the printer in the Name field (optional, you can use default "localhost" if you want Smiley Wink)
  6. After Generic PostScript printer displays in the Print Using field, pick from list "Select printer software..." and choose some printer/plotter from list (I personally use HP DesignJet 450, as it has a lot of predefined paper sizes)
  7. Close out of the Print & Fax preference or Quit System Preferences.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 20
andrea.durzo

Thankyou maxim, I've done as you say, but i have named the printer localhost. But one question: you said that i've to set a localhost printer if i want to print without the physical link between printer and mac. But when i print i always have printer off and i always save as pdf. i have always print with my Canon MX350 setted.

Message 13 of 20
eigel

As soon as i click on page setup  autocad (2012 for Mac) doesn't so much as freeze but just starts beeping at every key i press and not allowing to close out of the command. This also occurs when i try to edit an attributed block.  I will note this even happens with brand new files i create.  I don't want a work around I want a FIX!!

See file attachment of what the screen looks like.  

We are a large office (60+ people) running both macs and windows all on Autocad 2012 so the page setups are universal between both platforms when seems to work until I try to change something.  The other thing that sucks is the xrefs - even with relative paths.

So now I create my drawing in cad and run parallels to print.  Typical Autocad crap for a $4000 dollar product.  I feel like I just jumped back in time!!  The only saving grace here is I have autosave every five minutes because the product sucks!

So steps I have done:

Restarted Autocad

Reloaded autocad from Scratch

Purged all files

Created new files

Restarted computer

Ran a Ram diagnostic

audit all the files

Message 14 of 20
cladiewashburn
in reply to: eigel

Within the Plot dialog box, as soon as I click on Edit Page Setup, Autocad (2012 for Mac) doesn't so much as freeze but just starts beeping at every key I press and not allowing me to access Edit Page Setup or close out of the command.  I have to press Escape to close command.

I am trying to assign a .ctb file in the Edit Page Setup dialog box to print to PDF.  But I cannot access it, and therefore, cannot print at all.  This worked fine for the past 2 months or so, and just stopped today.

I notice others have had this issue, but did not see a solution on the forum.  Please help!  Thank you.

Message 15 of 20
maxim_k
in reply to: cladiewashburn

Hi,

I think Resetting Application settings (on Application tab of Preferences dialog) or reinstalling AutoCAD with removing all user settings should help you.

I think also, that Edit Page Setup dialog box in your system is left out of the screen - on external monitor that was attached once to your Mac. Isn't it? Did you have attached external monitor ever?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 16 of 20
reinaosmani

hi i am having this issue while plotting, i cannot see the full window of edit page setup, thus i am unable to adjust my papers for plotting 😞 someone help please !!!

(see attached photo)

Message 17 of 20
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

If you are using AutoCAD 2013 on Mavericks, you need to install SP2.
If you have 2012 version on Mavericks - you need to upgrade your AutoCAD to 2014 version.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 18 of 20
reinaosmani

Hi Maxim, 

I am using autocad 2013 on Mac and have upgraded the version to the latest version of OS X. I don't want to update the autocad to a recent version since autocad 2014 is always crashing ! 

Can someone please help me solve the problem that i am having 😞 :S

Message 19 of 20
maxim_k

Install Service Pack 2 for AC 2013 from here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 20 of 20
reinaosmani

okay thank you 😄 hope it works

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost