AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X El Capitan (10.11)

264 REPLIES 264
SOLVED
Message 1 of 265
wei503
51542 Views, 264 Replies

AutoCAD Compatibility with OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Apple has announced the next OS X El Capitan earlier today, and the first preview version is already available for app developers. AutoCAD team is starting to analyze the compatibility on this OS and preparing to fix the potential issues.

Some of AutoCAD users may have access to the El Capitan preview version, and would like to test AutoCAD on it. Please kindly post any of your findings in this thread, that would help other users and also the AutoCAD team.

Please include the following info in your posts for reference:

-OS X version(for example, DP1 15A178w)

-AutoCAD version

Thanks,
The AutoCAD for Mac Team

==================================

Update:

The updates for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2015/2014 to fix the compatibiliy issues on El Capitan are available. You can click menu AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT > Check for Updates to download it. You can also go to pages below to download the update:

AutoCAD 2015 Update 3:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015...

AutoCAD LT 2015 Update 5:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-l...

AutoCAD 2014 for Mac SP4: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2014...

AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac SP4: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-l...

Thanks,

The AutoCAD for Mac Team

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Tags (1)
264 REPLIES 264
Message 2 of 265
paxman.steve
in reply to: wei503

I have a mid 2012 Macbook pro and am using LT 2014. So far it works fine with El Capitan Beta. However all the saved CAD files are only shown as the DWG icon. I used to see a preview of the drawing within. Has the upgrade changed a setting I am not aware of ?

Message 3 of 265
paxman.steve
in reply to: paxman.steve

Solved problem yet another re boot cured it ! I had already done so. So far have not encountered any issues.
Message 4 of 265
mlapi73

Hi... where is the AutoCAD Architecture for mac.. it seems you dont make it but have the base version for mac. Why? and when? thanks

a

Message 5 of 265
dr.palmer

Acad working well with latest release of X.

i7 MBA

Mac ver. 10.11 Beta 15A244d

Acad Mandalore

Message 6 of 265
mlapi73
in reply to: dr.palmer

it works wish they had autocad ARCH for mac

Message 7 of 265
craiggorsuch

Here's the situation...

Installed the trial of ACLT'15 under Yosemite, and upgraded to El Capitan Public Beta 1.  ACLT'15 trial worked under Yosemite, AND under El Cpiatan Public Beta 1.  HOWEVER...

I purchased ACLT'15, and the trial expired....  Apparently something is keeping the OS from connecting to Autodesk's servers for registration.  I can't register the software, whcih means I can't USE the software!  

Every time I try to launch ACLT'15, I can't get past the registration because the server can't be found.  (I feel this is a networking issue in El Cap as my CIsco AnyConnect Mobility Client won't launch either.)

VIDEO LINK Attempting to Launch ACLT'15 under El Cap PB3

I've tried uninstalling, tracking down and manually deleting all preferences, but the issues remains.  (Issue has remained throughout PB2, PB3 and in today's released PB4)

Would LOVE to use the software I paid for...

12" MacBook (2015)
El Capitan Public Beta 4

Message 8 of 265
dr.palmer
in reply to: craiggorsuch

Hey Craig, you don't have Little Snitch running do you?

If not, Did you uninstall both the trial and the new copy?

Can you create a new user and try installing the new version?

Can you go to the address using a different device?

Message 9 of 265

J'ai le même problème...

Same problem...

iMac 27 Mid 2011 - OS X 10.11 Bêta 3

Autocad LT 2015 for Mac

Mac Studio M1 Max - 64 Go - 2 To - macOS Sonoma - AutoCAD LT 2024 for Mac
Message 10 of 265

follows is the requirements by AutoDesk:

System Requirements
Apple® Mac® OS® X v10.10.0 or later (Yosemite)
Apple Mac Pro® 4,1 or later (Mac Pro® 5,1 or later recommended); MacBook® Pro 5,1 or later (MacBook Pro 10,1 with Retina Display or later recommended); iMac® 8.1 or later (iMac 11.1 or later recommended); Mac® mini 3.1 or later (Mac mini 4.1 or later recommended); MacBook Air® 2.1 or later; MacBook® 5.1 or later (MacBook 7.1 or later recommended)
3 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
2.5 GB free disk space for download and installation (3 GB recommended)
All graphics cards on supported hardware
1,280 x 800 display with true color (2880 x 1800 with Retina Display recommended)
All Mac OS X supported language operating systems
Apple® Mouse, Apple® Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, MacBook® Pro trackpad, or Microsoft-compliant mouse.
Mac OS X-compliant printer

have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling LT?

Message 11 of 265
craiggorsuch
in reply to: dr.palmer

I've tried installing/uninstalling with no change in effect.

System requirements include "MacBook 5,1 (or later)", I'm running a MacBook 8,1.

I'm not running Little Snitch.

I've not yet tried running under a new user (I will attempt shortly)

What's the Autodesk address that I can't connect to?  I'll try pinging it.

Since I've already received my S/N and Key, I entered that information during installation.  It's possible that NOT entering that information during the installation, and subsequent "manual registration" may make the difference.

Message 12 of 265
wei503
in reply to: craiggorsuch

Hi craig,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It is known and we are working with Apple to try to fix it.

We are hoping that Apple can fix it on El Capitan before its offical release, but it is still uncertain for now.

The issue affects users who are using Desktop Subscription License. It does not impact users who are using perpecual license.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma

Message 13 of 265
glenberk

Last week's latest El Capitan Public Beta 4 destroyed my ability to run AutoCAD on my Macintosh MacBook. The AutoCAD app refuses to open properly.

AutoCAD ran beautifully under Public Beta's #1 thru #3.

Does anyone have a workaround or temp. fix for now?

Message 14 of 265
CLapoma

**crosses fingers** man, i really hope we will be able to load LSPs and LISPs without getting the VL load com error.. One day.. Just maybe.. one day. The best answer i have received so far is virtually.. you're SOL.

Message 15 of 265
wei503

The issue that AutoCAD stuck in the login page and cannot launch on El Capitan should be gone in El Capitan Beta 7. Please try it.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma

Message 16 of 265
pmjordan

I had been runing AutoCAD 2015 on my mac with the El Capitan Beta1. However, after installing Beta version 3 AutoCAD no longer works. It immediatly crashes upon loading. I would love some help to get his resolved!

Message 17 of 265
uroozv

AutoCAD was working with some problems on the latest Mac OS X 10.11 beta version (15A262e), however, after installing the AutoCAD update, it now just crashes on startup.

Message 18 of 265
uroozv
in reply to: uroozv

update:

reinstalled AutoCAD and is now working fine. currently using AutoCAD 2015 version J.51.M.256
Message 19 of 265
paxman.steve
in reply to: uroozv

I wish I could say the same. using El Capitan (15A278b) on macbook pro with 2014 LT. Randomly crashes. Fresh install of Beta and re installed Autocad.

Message 20 of 265
uroozv

installed El Capitan Beta 6 today (15A278b) and AutoCAD still crashes randomly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost