AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Classic on MAC

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
dhays
12628 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCad Classic on MAC

I just installed AutoCAD 2013 on my new Mac. Please advise how I can have the AutoCAD classic desktop that I am familure with. I had Parallels and Windows on my old Mac. But right now I am completely lost.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dgorsman
in reply to: dhays

If you are running on the Mac OS, I would suggest the dedicated forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520.  In short, there is no Classic workspace as there is no "classic" AutoCAD for Mac.  Its effectively a new product in a different OS.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 14
maxim_k

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Yes, different OS - different user interface.

But in fact it shouldn't take a lot of time to learn new workflow with AotoCAD for Mac. The commands are the same (excluding those which unavailable on Mac platform). Just start to use it and within one week you will be comfortable with new interface.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 14
pendean

There is no Windows interface to AutoCAD for the MAC (what you were sued to): take the time to learn the new look that is MAC centric, it's why you bought a MAC in the first place.
Message 5 of 14
inhanceinteriors
in reply to: pendean

its a fact that auto cad is better/easier to work with and more comprehensive on the windows platform. Thats what it was developed for. It has nothing to do with how MAC looks. Theres like 300 commands that arent available on a MAC and it can be a pain to use. Especially if you learned on Windows. I think it stinks that classic view isn't available on newer versions and they should really do something about that.  I hate to say it but you kind of sound like a jerk saying that...

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 6 of 14
jherbst
in reply to: inhanceinteriors

@inhanceinteriors wrote:

its a fact that auto cad is better/easier to work with and more comprehensive on the windows platform.

This thread is nearly three years old...

Message 7 of 14

I know. I know its stupid to respond to something so old but...I did anyway. 😉

[InHance_logo_FINAL_services]

Blair Dixon
Interior Architect
7257 Beverly Blvd., Suite #218 Los Angeles, CA 90036
Main/Mobile: (818) 266-6563
blairdixon@inhanceinteriors.com|www.inhanceinteriors.com
Message 8 of 14

@inhanceinteriors 
Hi, You have posted that you changed AutoCAD workspace to Classic in mac. Please explain how did you do it. It will be much of a help.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 14
pendean
in reply to: rahilshah

@rahilshah Not an option: don't hold your breath, unless they installed Windows on that MAC then ran AutoCAD for Windows, their reply was totally false.

Sorry, you are out of luck there. 100%.
Message 10 of 14
inhanceinteriors

Actually- what YOU’RE saying is “totally false”. I DID change my workspace to Classic view on my MAC, and I did NOT run Windows to do it. I just feel super lame now because I don’t remember how. 😕

Message 11 of 14
maxim_k

Hi @inhanceinteriors,

What do you mean by "classic" view?
Can you share your AutoCAD window?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 12 of 14
pendean

Show us Boss, screenshots: you'd be the first one on the planet to ever do what Autodesk never designed into the MAC variant.

And to clear up any confusion, this is what 99% of the planet considers "Classic" AutoCAD

pendean_0-1612467710117.png

Message 13 of 14
inhanceinteriors

@Pendean—Seriously? Relax. Congrats on knowing everything there is to know about AutoCad and its variants. Maybe Autodesk will give you a trophy..

I guess it was just the tool bar layout that I changed? If so, and I’m missing something, I'm sorry if I’ve given anyone hope. What I was referring to was MAC's default Toolset layout which has/had ALL the tools stacked at the top of the ModelSpace pane (Image included). To me, this was a really big deal and I absolutely HATED it. Switching it saved me. It was YEARS ago that I did it, and if I remember correctly, there was actually a 'button' that let me switch it from that default set up to Windows classic set-up.

If this happens to be what @rahilshah was referring to, it IS possible to change it, I just don’t remember how, unfortunately.

[A screenshot of a computer Description automatically generated with medium confidence]

Message 14 of 14
maxim_k

@inhanceinteriors

>>>>> there was actually a 'button' that let me switch it from that default set up to Windows classic set-up
AutoCAD for Mac never had such a button. The Forum has repeatedly raised the issue of the Classic interface on Mac.

You can check out some of the discussions at these links:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/autocad-2007-to-2016/m-p/6321643
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/change-my-workspace-in-autocad-lt-2016-for-mac/...

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost