AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 won't open on OsX

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ourcrimescene
4321 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 won't open on OsX

I installed AutoCAD 2015, went through the activation and installation process perfectly, but now it won't launch. It freezes completely and the only way to make it stop is to force quit it...which doesn't get it to open. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but nothing helps.

Also, I have OS X Maverick, not Yosemite.

EDIT: The reason I have 2015 is because 2014 also would not open so I thought installing the newer version would help, but it doesn't. When I open my activity monitor, it shows the AutoDesk License Manager running using like 40% of my CPU

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I have the same problem! Please HELP
Message 3 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: ourcrimescene

Hi,
As you don't provide additional details, I suspect you also have problems with Licence manager as OP had.
I answered his another question here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-2014-not-opening/m-p/5375375
But still doesn't have respond from him.
If you have the same problem, you can try my suggestion from the link above.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 10
weng517
in reply to: maxim_k

I got the same problem(installing perfectly but couldn't launch it). As my time machine is closed, I assume it is not due to the liscence. 

I have OS X YOSEMITE.  please help!

Message 5 of 10
weng517

I got the same problem(installing perfectly but couldn't launch it). As my time machine is closed, I assume it is not due to the licence. 

I have OS X YOSEMITE.  please help!

Message 6 of 10
johnseattle

I'm having the same issue, and not using time machine or other migration. I had to install it twice as I had the same problems when I first installed it. Remove AutoCad did not remove a certain file that then prevented me from re-installing (I found it via the Activity Monitor).

So after reinstall on 1/24, and only getting it to work that one day, it fails to come up again. I have closed every other program, as well restarted the machine numerous times. I even installed 4 more GB of RAM. The machine is a late 2008 MacBookPro, runs 10.10.2, has processor 

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB.

thanks! 

Message 7 of 10
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

So you was able to use AutoCAD for one day. Am I correct?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 10
johnseattle

Yes, one day. As I answered this, I thought I would check the Activity Monitor again. It still showed Autodesk360 running. I foreced it to quit, and ttried to re-open. It did open, and 360 did NOT show up again on several subsequent re-opens. So this problem at leastseems to be solved for the day....

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
maxim_k

You need to remove Autodesk 360 from Login items in Users pane of Mac OS System preferences in order to prevent it from launching when you restart your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 10
johnseattle

thanks for that tip. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost