AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
cvillagran
45398 Views, 152 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I used to have AutoCAD 2014 when I updated to the latest operating system (OS X Yosemite). However, it kept on crashing, and it was then when I found out that AutoCAD wasn't compatible with Yosemite yet. As a result, I decided to update to AutoCAD 2015 since it was compatible, but it seem to change anything since it keep on crashing. Is anyone experiencing the same issues? 

152 REPLIES 152
Message 141 of 153
timothysmela90
in reply to: makkink

@Jeroen

I am actually not using a mouse, just the built in trackpad, though at your suggestion I have tried it with both a Microsoft Wireless USB mouse and a Goldtouch wired USB mouse, neither seemed to help. 

Message 142 of 153
DorianaLucia2
in reply to: cvillagran

Hello, I had Autocad 2014 on my Macbook Pro, and it started crashing and the program was quitting by itself. I couldnt work my thesis blueprint on Autocad because of this and had to delete it permanently. Until last week, I thought it was just a problem with Autocad 2014, so I tried Autocad 2015. Today trying it, with just 10 min using it, my entire computer stopped working and crashed as before, giving me a white screen with an "error message" like the one in the picture (For the record, after I deleted A2014, it never crashed and showed me that screen, ever again). I'm really frustrated because I use this program to work stuff from my current job. Is there a real solution to it? Mac Spec: Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Processor 2.9 GHz Intel core i7 Memory 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 Intel Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Message 143 of 153
kachuarch

am using autocad LT 2015 in mac but it close suddenly, give me some salution please 

Message 144 of 153
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

What OS X do you have on your Mac?
If it is El Capitan, than AutoCAD LT for Mac 2015 is not compatible with it at the moment.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 145 of 153
federico.guelfi
in reply to: maxim_k

So Autocad LT 2014 either, because i`ve this version installed in El Capitan and it craches too.

What a JOKE!

Message 146 of 153

Did you try to check "Activate OpenGL Core Profile" in Preferences/General? So far it works for me... AutoCAD 2015 on El Capitan. Before it was crashing e.g. on layer and hatch commands (mostly).
Message 147 of 153

After one hour it crashed again... and now it won't even launch! 😞 Someone is going to solve it? I see lots of people asking that question on different forums? What should we do now with our projects? This is ridiculous... 

Message 148 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: natalia.pomaz

Hi Natalia,

Could you try this:

- ensure that you have installed all Updates to AutoCAD - use menu AutoCAD -> Check for updates;
- if AutoCAD is up to date, use menu AutoCAD -> Reset AutoCAD to reset AutoCAD, you will loose all customizations, but later you can restore menu, commands and Tool Sets palette customizations from backup archive which created during reset. You only have to manually restore settings which depends on System variables.
- After resetting AutoCAD, try to check "Activate OpenGL Core Profile" in AutoCAD Preferences ->General tab, than restart AutoCAD.

Can you use AutoCAD now?
Please report about the result here.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 149 of 153
kachuarch
in reply to: natalia.pomaz

now okey.. i reinstalled everything nice ..

thanks all
Message 150 of 153
kachuarch
in reply to: maxim_k

now okey... i reinstalled everything nice

thanks all
Message 151 of 153
Leaf.chai
in reply to: kachuarch

@kachuarch wrote:

am using autocad LT 2015 in mac but it close suddenly, give me some salution please 

Hi user,

If you are using AutoCAD LT 2015 for Mac, please update your LT to update 4 version.

You can get it from Menu: AutoCAD 2015->Check for update.

Hope this will be helpful for you!

Leaf Chai
AutoCAD QA Analyst

Message 152 of 153
H.J.Majoor

I am running Autocad 2014 on Yosemite. Certain handles of lines or even zooming on certain areas make AutoCad to crash! Very frustrating! It are simple 2D drawings. Is there any way to solve this? Is Autocad 2014 still not compatible with Yosemite? I did install all updates.
Message 153 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: H.J.Majoor

Hi,

Could you verify that all updates installed?
Click menu AutoCAD 2014, select About AutoCAD, the dialog should show Product Version - which one do you have?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost