AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
cvillagran
46323 Views, 152 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I used to have AutoCAD 2014 when I updated to the latest operating system (OS X Yosemite). However, it kept on crashing, and it was then when I found out that AutoCAD wasn't compatible with Yosemite yet. As a result, I decided to update to AutoCAD 2015 since it was compatible, but it seem to change anything since it keep on crashing. Is anyone experiencing the same issues? 

152 REPLIES 152
Message 2 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: cvillagran

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Could you describe in more details the crashes you get: type of drawings (2D, 3D, complex, simple, with or without ext references and images, etc.)
Are the crashes reproducible? This mean: are you able to reproduce exact steps that leads to the crash.
Does it crashes with CER (Customer Error Report) window? Or it's just hangs and you need to Force quit it?
Did you experienced such crashes on previous OS you had on your Mac?
Please also describe your Mac configuration (Mac model, RAM).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 153
alex.garthwaite
in reply to: maxim_k

I have been experieincing continual crashing also, on autocad 2014 with Yosemite. The drawings are basic 2D files, without any references or images. The crashes are reproducible, the trigger is usually one step, sometinhg small, for example clicking the end of the same line will lead to a crash and when it crashes it just hangs, I have to force quit. I havent had these issues previously whilst running Autocad.

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012); Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7; Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Message 4 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: alex.garthwaite

As you probably know: "AutoCAD for Mac versions 2014 and earlier currently are not compatible with Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10). These versions may launch, but will not operate properly and damage to your project data could occur."
Here you can find the article in Autodesk Knowledge Network:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

So you do not have to upgrade the OS if you need to use AutoCAD 2014 on your Mac.
Plus 4Gb of RAM is minimum required to run AutoCAD on Mac, you need more RAM if you will work on complex drawings.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 153
alex.garthwaite

I have installed autocad 2015, and uninstalled 2014, however, Autocad 2015 now wont open. As soon as I run the application the icon appears to not be running, however, when I open up force quit applications it reads as not responding and unless I force quit, nothing happens. What do I do? 

Message 6 of 153
lexamdro

The same thing happens (quits unexpectedly). Not to do, urged a patch or something. : /

Message 7 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: alex.garthwaite

Hi,

Have you tried to restart your Mac and then reset AutoCAD?

To reset AutoCAD - launch it from Dock by holding Shift key on keyboard and clicking on AutoCAD icon (you need to hold Shift for at least a few moments after you click on icon)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 153
lexamdro

Podrías darme más detalles, tienes Facebook o como puedo comunicarme, te
agradeceré mucho. Estoy realizando mi tesis y me urge restablecerlo.

--
Enviado con Gmail para celulares
Message 9 of 153
maxim_k

Here are the details:
http://macacad.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/new-way-to-reset-autocad-for-mac-settings-2014-version-with-...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 153

Could you describe in more details the crashes you get: type of drawings (2D, 3D, complex, simple, with or without ext references and images, etc.)
2D multi-leyer dwg file with a pdf attachment.

Are the crashes reproducible? This mean: are you able to reproduce exact steps that leads to the crash.
Every time I attach a pdf and try to align it, it crashes

Does it crashes with CER (Customer Error Report) window? Or it's just hangs and you need to Force quit it?
It crashes and the then the CER window pops out

Did you experienced such crashes on previous OS you had on your Mac?
No, I started experincing all these crashes as soon as I upgraded to OS X Yosemite. AutoCAD was crashing with both 2014 and 2015 version of AutoCAD.

Please also describe your Mac configuration (Mac model, RAM).
MacBook Pro: (13-inch, Late 2011)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Storage: 120 GB SSD

Sent from my iPhone
Message 11 of 153

I have the same problem. The program just starts up and begins to load and then it continues to load. Nothing happens after that.

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d7ea11d4/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Message 12 of 153
maxim_k

Thanks for your comments!
I'll try to reproduce the problem on my system, but not sure that it could crash with every PDF file. Could you post here your PDF or send it to my email:
mkanaev at yandex.ru

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 153
maxim_k
in reply to: esbenfrandsen

Hi,
Do you have 2015 version?
When did you install AutoCAD: before or after upgrading OS?
Have you tried to reset AutoCAD?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 153
lexamdro

Yes, I have the version of Autocad 2015 My operating system is OS X
Yosemite. I restarted several times and same thing happens autocad. About
10 minutes working unexpectedly quits. What do I do?
Message 15 of 153
wei503

Thanks for everyone for reporting the crash issues on Yosemite.

The team is analyzing these crashes, and we need your help to narrow down the root reason of these crashes. It would be great if you can reply with the following info:

1. If you see AutoCAD Error Report dialog shows, input your email and send the report, you will be provided an ID(CER_xxxxxxx) in a web browser page. Please quote this ID when describe the crash you met.

2. If you do not see AutoCAD Error Report dialog shows, instead AutoCAD just freeze, please generate a sample file and attach here. You can generate the sample file in Activiti Monitor, double click AutoCAD from the process list, and click Sample button.

3. If you are able to reproduce the crash easily, it will be very helpful if you can record a screen video for how you hit the crash. We can tell many details from the video. To record a screen video, you can use the native OSX app QuickTime Player. And you can share the video to us with any network drive link.

We are sorry for the crashes, and we highly appreciate your support to help us fix these issues as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 16 of 153
maxim_k

No I can not reproduce such crash on my Mac. I tried different types of PDF: created from DWG, created in AI, created in MS Word, I also tried single and multi-page PDF's. No crashes at all!
BTW - what do you mean by "try to align it"? Do you use ALIGN command, or SCALE, or MOVE, or ROTATE?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 17 of 153
adolfofajardo
in reply to: wei503

Hello, I had autocad 2014 with the previous OSX Mavericks and worked just fine. Just updated to Yosemite OS and autocad has crashed every 10-15 minutes or so. Simple work 2D-line drwaings. I have not found a trigger command that closes, however the program just closes without notice and offers to try and save the file, however not even once it has saved the file before its lost. I hope this feedback works!

Adolfo E. Fajardo

Message 18 of 153
wei503
in reply to: adolfofajardo

Hi Adolfo,

Thanks for the info. Do you see AutoCAD Error Report dialog shows when AutoCAD crashes? And could you please input your email in that dialog and send the report? And could you please reply in this forum of the CER ID(CER_xxxxxxx), so that I know what issue you met among all the crash issues, and I may have specific questions for you.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 19 of 153
kenichee

also updated to OS X Yosemite and installed Autocad 2015, but this quits unexpectedly, has a forecast update autocad? 😕

Message 20 of 153
mfrance
in reply to: wei503

Hello. I performed a clean install of Yosemite and after I put autocad 2015 student version. While working autocad closes on time (crash) every 10-15 minutes. I have also seen problems with personal ctb that desappear when i open autocad in a second moment, and the preferences about object snap disappear every time. About the first problem the CER is CER_103391580.
My machine is a macbook pro 13 early 2011 Core i5 2.3GHz 8 gb ram ddr 1600 256 gb ssd samsung 840 pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost