AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
864 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I just updated to iOS 10.11 this morning, now my AutoCAD 2015 crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, along with running the update2 update to ACAD.

Why oh why can't anything Apple be updated without major headaches?! It's called beta testing! Try it @#&% Apple!

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

- if AutoCAD is up to date, use menu AutoCAD -> Reset AutoCAD to reset AutoCAD, you will loose all customizations, but later you can restore menu, commands and Tool Sets palette customizations from backup archive which created during reset. You only have to manually restore settings which depends on System variables.
- After resetting AutoCAD, try to check "Activate OpenGL Core Profile" in AutoCAD Preferences ->General tab, than restart AutoCAD - use Quit AutoCAD than launch it again.

Can you use AutoCAD now?
Please report about the results here.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Nope. I reset AutoCAD and checked the Activate open GL, and it still crashes in short order. This is incredibly frustrating.

Message 4 of 12
maxim_k

I asked about this because some of the users reported that the trick I described resolves crashes.
Unfortunately I cannot test AC 2015 on El Capitan, because I'm extremely busy with my current project and have no time to experiment with the installation of the new OS.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Take my advice - apparently from beyond the grave - DON'T. Our office is now at a complete standstill because of this. Apple sucks!

Message 6 of 12
maxim_k

I NEVER update with the initial release of OS X and wait until it get 2nd or 3rd update. And even then I always make bootable clone of the previous OS X with CCC (or at least have Time Machine backup at hand) in order to be able to roll back in a few minutes.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks. That is very helpful to me.

UGH!

Message 8 of 12
O.Tan

Interesting, tried this and seems to solve the instant crash issue.

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I've done the same and Autocad 2015 works without problem now.. Thanks a lot Maxim 🙂
Just open a new work and reset the application options from the prefereces, the n restart and activate the OpenGL profile. Then restart again !
Message 10 of 12
maxim_k

Hi giuliozoni,

Be careful look here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Maxim, thanks for the advice. I hope that the update will released soon.
Do u have information about the possible trouble i can meet working on autocad now? Thanks for your time
Message 12 of 12
maxim_k

To say true, I gave the suggestion about resetting before I was able to test AutoCAD on El Capitan.
But at the moment I already tested it and my own advice is not helping me. After resetting AutoCAD still crashes in El Capitan on my Mac. Crash happens when I start to edit MTEXT with double-clicking on it or when I open and hide Layers list on the Layers palette.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost