AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
Anonymous
46408 Views, 152 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I used to have AutoCAD 2014 when I updated to the latest operating system (OS X Yosemite). However, it kept on crashing, and it was then when I found out that AutoCAD wasn't compatible with Yosemite yet. As a result, I decided to update to AutoCAD 2015 since it was compatible, but it seem to change anything since it keep on crashing. Is anyone experiencing the same issues? 

152 REPLIES 152
Message 101 of 153
leo.slutter
in reply to: maxim_k

What to do with the chrashes of my Autocad 2014?  

Leo

Message 102 of 153
Anonymous

Since Yosemite was released to consumers on October 16, 2014 and Autodesk states at:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

that they plan to release service packs for AutoCAD for Mac 2013 and AutoCAD for Mac 2014 within several weeks after the Yosemite release that will allow those versions to run on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).  When will a service pack be released? 

The last one for AutoCAD LT 2013 was in March 17, 2014. Does anyone have a definitive answer? 

As much as I would like to upgrade to 2015, I am not IT or the person who makes these decisions in our office, and 2013 doesn't seem like that long ago. 

Message 103 of 153
Anonymous

I still get crashes. After i use AutoCAD for a couple minutes and i decide to open a dwg file via (command + O) AutoCAD just crashes

CER_106210077
Message 104 of 153
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do I need to upgrade to Autocad 2015 to be able to download Yosemite? Or is there a file which Autodesk can send to enable my Autocad 2012 to work?

Message 105 of 153
leo.slutter
in reply to: leo.slutter

Last option was to Update to version 2015.

Now crashes are over.......so far. I went from '13 to '14 and then '15.

Running for 2-3 weeks now. Thanks to myzelf. Autocad doesn't do anything with older versions.

Regards Leo

Message 106 of 153
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

AutoCAD 2012 is not compatible with Yosemite and will not get an update for compatibility for sure. So you need to upgrade to the latest AutoCAD for Mac version (2015) if you can.
Actually 2013 and 2014 versions are compatible with Yosemite too (you need just to update them with all service packs), but I'd recommend you 2015 version as it has a lot of enhances and improvements to previous versions.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 107 of 153
leo.slutter

Your 2nd sentence is NOT true / NOT working! '13 and '14 with all service packs won't work.

Leo

Message 108 of 153
Anonymous

Message 109 of 153
Anonymous

Thanks
Message 110 of 153
maxim_k

Hi Leo,

About 2013 version:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...
About 2014 version:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2014-...

So both 2013 and 2014 versions are fully compatible with Yosemite.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 111 of 153
leo.slutter

Hi Maxim,

Experts are probably always right..... but then another problem arises,

Nevertheless it is too late because I am working with the '15 version now.

While I had the '13 and also '14 I search everywhere for solutions and posted overhere.

No solutions occurs from anybody to me and as I read also for a lot of other people, so I am wondering if the Autodesk system to reache the people with a problem is working.

Looking at the posts maybe your opinion is that that are just a (unhappy) few.

I will not try the old versions anymore.

Thanks anyway,

Leo

Message 112 of 153
Anonymous

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Message 113 of 153
Anonymous

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to Yosemite. I uninstalled 2014. When I launch 2015 , I get the splash screen then the program crashes. I uninstalled the program, reinstalled with a fresh installer and it says install failed contact the manufacturer.

Can somebody on this forum post or reply with a current best practice. I've read through this thread and none of the situations seem to apply to mine.
Message 114 of 153
Anonymous

I just bought MBP 2014 with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 and install AutoCAD 2015. After completed installation, I try to use the program. The program running well. The next day i want to run the application, when i click the application in the dock it just stop in loading than close automatically. I think I have the same problem with others. Already uninstall and re-install twice but it didn't show any good progress. Need your help to do complete uninstallation of the program please. Since I am also a new macbook user. Thank you for your help.

Message 115 of 153
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Try to reset AutoCAD as described here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/crash-now-autocad-won-t-open/td-p/5590907

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 116 of 153
OdCStudio

My AutoCAD LT 2015 was working perfectly. Until I try to open it again. The icon in the application's bar at the bottom of the screen jumps and bounces for a while, and then it doesn't open and it doesn't even show an error message. I use AutoCAD to work, and I need a fast solution for this issue. I am trying whatever solutions I see in the thread, to no avail. I have even tried opening different drawings, but it doesn't work. 
Help please. 

Message 117 of 153
OdCStudio

My AutoCAD 2015 LT (suscription) for Mac has worked fine until now. It refuses to open. The icon jumps in the app bar, and from there it doesn't go anywhere else. It doesn't even show an error message. 

Can you please help?

Message 118 of 153
maxim_k

Hi,

Have you tried:
- to restart your Mac?
- to reset AutoCAD? (see link to the instructions on how to a few posts above)

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 119 of 153
OdCStudio

Hi Maxim, 

Having exactly the same problem today, and yes, I rebooted the Mac, resetted the CAD and nothing happens. It freezes after the opening screen with the beautiful drawing by Autodesk. It doesn't even load, and it doesn't give me any error messages. 
This is not a leisury program or a game, this is a working tool. It is a shame that Autodesk doesn't come up with a definitive solution for these problems, as half as fast as the money one pays for a product that renders itself unusable is withdrawn. 

What is really puzzling is that AutoCAD started as a Mac product. One would think that all these hiccups could be worked out.... but....

Message 120 of 153
Anonymous

thanks leaf, this seems to have stopped qselect crashes
ACAD LT 15 for mac,
imac late 2013, yosemite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost