AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
Anonymous
46403 Views, 152 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I used to have AutoCAD 2014 when I updated to the latest operating system (OS X Yosemite). However, it kept on crashing, and it was then when I found out that AutoCAD wasn't compatible with Yosemite yet. As a result, I decided to update to AutoCAD 2015 since it was compatible, but it seem to change anything since it keep on crashing. Is anyone experiencing the same issues? 

152 REPLIES 152
Message 61 of 153
i.mdromero
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry, i have bad news.... that solution doesn't work.... My 1910 € !!!!!!  Autocad 2015 is still unstable..... and i still can't work with my 1910 € !!!!!!  Autocad 2015. So please, Autodesk, fix it quicky or i'm going to make a formal claim with my lawyer!!!!!

Message 62 of 153
oliverrioz
in reply to: i.mdromero

I have the same problem too and threatening will not solve anything. I don't know what it is you use Autocad for, but I'm pretty sure that if you were a good architect or engineer (if that is what you do) you would always have a backup plan.

Message 63 of 153
yourboikenny
in reply to: oliverrioz

I agree, although in his defense we did spend a great deal of money. I know that debugging is a tough job but a bug that hinders the operation of AutoCAD to this extent should be addressed much more quickly. Just my 2 cents.
Message 64 of 153
Anonymous

Message 65 of 153
aschopra

I have the same issue too, can someone help me out here? I had to time machine back to mavericks so I can work on AutoCAD 2014 from there. I like to speak to someone on the phone or via email. Thanks
Message 66 of 153
aschopra

that's the option genius bar at Apple gave me and I did it.
Message 67 of 153
aschopra
in reply to: wei503

when I downloaded the Yosemite, I had the same issue with AutoCAD 2014 closing every 10-15 min. I had to downgrade to Mavericks.
Message 68 of 153
raffaeletieri

I had the same problem with Autocad 2015 and Yosemite, i've an intel 3000 graphic card on my 13" mac book pro. Today i've probably found a solution to this problem. I've activated Open GL Core Profiles in preferences --> General, after that my Autocad doesn't crash for 30 minutes. I hope that this is a real solution and not a coincidence 😃

Message 69 of 153
drwheel
in reply to: raffaeletieri

I just did as you told, also there is an update of OSX in the appstore, and so far autocad is working perfectly after this, no more crashes and Ive just worked for an hour straight. So I dont know if it was the update or the Open GL Core but I hope it works for the rest.
Message 70 of 153

Updating OS X does not solve the problem. Activated OpenGL Core Profile solve the problem. Thank you !!  🙂

Message 71 of 153
Anonymous

Both Autocad lt 2014 and 2015crashes everyother xref (first one works second fails) I try to relink or add a xref file.

This makes the program completely useless.

Please help
Message 72 of 153
jianan.wei

Hi keigo

Autodesk noticed this issue happens in open file panel. After research we identified this is a Yosemite OS defect, and reported to Apple. This defect is about show open panel with “as Columns” style application will random crash. Not only happens in AutoCAD, it happens in other application as well.  Please try to update Yosemite to 10.10.1 This issue would go. Before you upgrade the OS X, you could find a workaround described in this page: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Thanks

Jian An

@keigo wrote:
Both Autocad lt 2014 and 2015crashes everyother xref (first one works second fails) I try to relink or add a xref file.

This makes the program completely useless.

Please help

Jian An Wei

AutoCAD for Mac Development

Message 73 of 153
jianan.wei
in reply to: jianan.wei

Hi Keigo,

Sorry I made a mistake, The open panel crash not fixed in OS X 10.10.1. So Please use the workaround http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles... to avoid the crash.

Thanks
Jian An

Jian An Wei

AutoCAD for Mac Development

Message 74 of 153
adriano.passariello

Updated to OSX 10.10.1 and the crashing seems to have been resolved... but I'm not getting to comfortable just yet.

Note: This is without any work arounds that people have been posting

Message 75 of 153

Dear all

10.10.1 does not resolve the crash... its happening even after updating yosemite latest 10.10.1 update and it happens preciecly every after 2 hours of opening and working on the drgs...

Thank you for sending your error report CER_104723740 to Autodesk.

this is the latest CER my computer has sent to autodesk.

autodesk pls let us know the solution to it????????????????

thanks

sumeet

india

Message 76 of 153
ValeriaSasso93

Did the last update of the software and activated openGL but still continues to crash! 

Another thing that is happening with my AutoCad is that in order for a command to function properly i need to enter the command and then select objects,it doesnt let me do it the other way around.

Any help?

Message 77 of 153
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi,
In order to repair the problem with object preselection before command you need to set system variable PICKFIRST=1.
Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 78 of 153
marteaga24
in reply to: drwheel

Hi!!! im having the same problem i would like to know how did you do to upgrade or active the Open Gl profile on you Mac.

Thanks!!!

Message 79 of 153
ValeriaSasso93
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you!

Also, the crashing problem seems fixed by activating the OpenGL Core. I believe the reason this is happening is that OS X Yosemite is consuming too much ram, but well that's just my theory. 

Message 80 of 153
ValeriaSasso93
in reply to: marteaga24

On AutoCAD go to preferences, general. It's a box, you just have to give it a check mark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost