AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
Anonymous
46402 Views, 152 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 for Mac with OS X Yosemite CRASH!!!

I used to have AutoCAD 2014 when I updated to the latest operating system (OS X Yosemite). However, it kept on crashing, and it was then when I found out that AutoCAD wasn't compatible with Yosemite yet. As a result, I decided to update to AutoCAD 2015 since it was compatible, but it seem to change anything since it keep on crashing. Is anyone experiencing the same issues? 

152 REPLIES 152
Message 41 of 153
wei503
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi yeungkk1,

Thanks for letting know that the 2014 has same issue. I do not remember I got that report before. 

We understand this issue is critical to people working on Yosemite with Intel HD Graphics 3000 card, we are trying to get it resolved, but we cannot promise a quick fix given that it is driver related. 

The option for now is to please keep a Mavericks OS on your machine for AutoCAD.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 42 of 153
Anonymous

The same thing happens with me. After I uodated to Mac OS X Yosemite, I installed Autocad 2015. Whatever I am doing, it crashes anyway every 10 to 15 minutes. And recently I have been working on very simple 2D Plans. I don't know what to do about it. It is very disappointing!

Message 43 of 153
Anonymous
in reply to: wei503

Message 44 of 153
Anonymous

Still withou an answer? How can it be?

Message 45 of 153
brcallander

Soooo... Autodesk. What is the solution to this problem??

Message 46 of 153
brcallander
in reply to: maxim_k

has this been solved?
Message 47 of 153
i.mdromero

I've got the shame problem. I'm angry, i can't accept this, i have to work and i can't. And the worst thig its that its seems than nobody in Autodesk or Apple work to fix it. I'm going to make a formal claim to get my money back.

please work to fix it. I ve paid for your product so i've paid for you to work

Message 48 of 153
Anonymous

any solutions yet? i am very fed up with the crashes. 

can autodesk hire more engineers to resolve this? i dont think its an unsolavble tech problem..... just get it done asap. 

Message 49 of 153
i.mdromero

I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO ANGRY WITH AUTODESK.....

SO... WHEN YOY WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.... NEVER????

I WANT MY MONEKY BACK

ALLPLANS IS CALLING TO MY DOOR

Message 50 of 153
dgorsman
in reply to: i.mdromero

Steady on, everyone.  It has been mentioned up-thread that they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.  If you've had anything at all to do with development, you'll know that not all solutions are click-click-done.  This is especially true when there are multiple large corporations involved.

This is an excellent opportunity to point out the importance of testing mission-critical software *prior* to roll out, whether operating system or programs.  Only you can ascertain whether the upgrade or new program will work in your environment, nobody else can take responsibility for that.  For example, its not unusual for me to spend up to half a year looking at things prior to rolling them out, whether its for one user or several hundred.  We may not be cutting edge but our lost hours from product failure are for all intents and purposes zero.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 51 of 153
i.mdromero
in reply to: dgorsman

yes, but I paid for Autocad 2015, and i need it to work. And i need the work to eat and pay my rent... it is a big big big problem FOR ME

thank you

Message 52 of 153
i.mdromero

I've installed the SP3 FOR AUTOCAD 2014 and it's doesn't work.... I'm totally desesperate

I CAN'T WORK!!!!

Message 53 of 153
brcallander
in reply to: dgorsman

I found the solution to the problem!!  Switch to Vectorworks ! It runs perfectly with Yosemite and is a much better program.  Thanks AutoDesk!

Message 54 of 153
jessica.t
in reply to: i.mdromero

Hi @i.mdromero and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sincere apologies for the convenience but AutoCAD 2014 is not yet compatible with Yosemite:

We strongly encourage you to carefully check operating system compatibility with your version of AutoCAD for Mac before upgrading your Mac to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). Current OS compatibility information is available here:

Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) compatibility with AutoCAD (LT)

http://autode.sk/1u0JUlz

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 55 of 153
sumeet13
in reply to: sumeet13

CER_104178163

CER_104175272

its on autocad 2015 LT for MAC

Message 56 of 153
jasper.keupink

I think I have a solution what may work with others as well. 

I've updated to osx 10.10 and after that updated to autocad 2015, from the first time I used this new version of autocad it crasched every time after a few minutes. I discovered that this was exactly 10 minutes, the time autocad is automatically saving. Since I turned the setting for autosave off the problem didn't occure again.

Message 57 of 153
Anonymous

So, is there a definative anwser?

Is it safe yet to updage to both Yosemite and AutoCAD 2015?

Please do let us know when the combatability issues have been resolved.

Message 58 of 153
Anonymous

autocad 2013 , 2014, 2015 all crash 

autocad LT 2015 crash as well. 

so who said 2015 and LT work?

i am running out of patience. can the senior manangement do something about this? can you imagine how frustrated the users are? 

you guys cannot just tell us to go back to the previous OS, that's just some ridicouslous and irresponsible response.

get your job done and i really dont think it takes few weeks to fix a **** program bug if you have your top programmers on it. If your company dont have, then hire someone good. 

Message 59 of 153
Anonymous

Turning off autosave seem to work longer than 10 minute. 

How come it is the users figuring this out but not the autodesk engineers?

get this right please, autodesk

Message 60 of 153
i.mdromero
in reply to: jasper.keupink

Thank you! i will try this solution. I wish that the autodek's staff still working to fix it definitely !!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost