AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 Mac: save and permission issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1087 Views, 0 Replies

Autocad 2014 Mac: save and permission issues

We are having a number of issues with Autocad for Mac on Mavericks.

Our environment:

Snow leopard file server (os x 10.6)

Workstation (iMac) running OS X 10.9 (others in the office use 10.8 and do not have any issues).

Issues:

• When saving an open file, an error message pops up “Unable to save” and a .tmp file is saved in the project folder.  If I press ‘OK’ and then save again (without closing the file), the file saves normally. This may happen repeatedly throughout the day, creating many .tmp files in the project folder.acad_1_error.jpg
  • I’ve downloaded a .dwg from another consultant to our server.  When I open the .dwg a warning pops up that the file is write protected and I can only open a read-only version (screenshot attached).  If I download the same .dwg from the consultant’s email to my desktop, the file will open normally.  Once on the server it will only open as read-only.acad_2_error.jpg
  • I opened a .dwg I created months ago without any problem.  I made some changes, tried to save, and an error message popped up that the file was write-protected.  I saved a copy and closed both files.  When I opened the original file and tried to save, it saved without any errors.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost