AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 Mac plot layout problems

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
Anonymous
13948 Views, 62 Replies

Autocad 2014 Mac plot layout problems

Hi!

Hope somebody can helpme with this. I just go updated to Mavericks and Autocad 2014, but I have a problem, I can't plot any layouts!

When I hit plot the print window opens, then i can choose printer and plot styles very well. But, when I choose print just doesn't work 😞 The window dissappear and nothing happens.

It's the same if I choose Open PDF in preview or save to PDF, just doesn't work.

Please help!

Many thank's!

62 REPLIES 62
Message 41 of 63
shabaza
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the following problem:

I can print layouts without any problem if I print each of them from their layout tab. I have setup

a custom paper size and it works fine.

Once I  batch print multiple layouts the result is shifted in the pdf and a part is cut off. I´m using the same page setup like I

do for the single page print.

Any suggestions? It´s a little annoying because I have lots of layouts to print and I would now have to print

each of them manually.

thanks in advance...

Message 42 of 63
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
Do you save all Layouts to one multipage PDF file? Or you batch plot to individual PDFs?

If the first, than there is a defect in AC for Mac: if you have different paper sizes in the Layouts you batch publish, than the paper size and orientation of pages in the resulting multipage PDF is taken from the first Layout and if the other Layouts have different paper size / orientation, they could be trimmed or misplaced.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 43 of 63
shabaza
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for your answer.

It doesn´t matter if I print single or multiple pdf. it´s always shifted. printing manually each page works fine.

I even set up a new page setup and have still the same problem.

Message 44 of 63
maxim_k

Have you tried to Create Named Page setup in Page Setup Manager (not just simply edit Page setup for each Layout) and assign this Named Page Setup to each Layout that matches Named Page Setup settings?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 45 of 63
shabaza

alos tried that, didn´t work Smiley Frustrated

Message 46 of 63
maxim_k

Are you are using "Layout" on "What to plot" option in Page setup? If you are using "Window" - try to change it to "Layout".
Have you tried to use Custom paper size with zero margins?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 47 of 63
shabaza
in reply to: shabaza

I found a work around:

I made a new custom papersize and used that in a new page setup. then I applied that page setup to all layouts in the batch plot dialog and it works.

wierd because my other paper size always worked perfectly...

thank you for your help!

Message 48 of 63
maxim_k

Glad to hear!

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 49 of 63
shabaza
in reply to: shabaza

I always used layout in page setup.

Message 50 of 63
Jpaul

I also have a layout plotting issue with my Mac AC2014 running on my MacBook Pro with 10.10.1 (yosemite). 

When I attempt to plot a layout (what to print: layout) and then hit preview, it shows only a small piece of my drawing, so EVERY time I have to do window and grab the view I want. 

The second issue seems more glitchy than anything. When I select my paper size, I pick ANSI D which I had to put in as a custom size. For orientation I choose landscape and it never switches it to landscape, always stays in portrait. 

Sorry to throw 2 issues at you at once but they seem conneted possibly. 

Message 51 of 63
maxim_k
in reply to: Jpaul

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

About the first issue:
Try to recreate Page setup for this layout, maybe current setup has errors.
About the second issue:
Try to recreate your custom paper size and give it a name different from default names you have from the printer (plotter) installed in your system.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 52 of 63
Jpaul

I tried creating a fresh page setup and no change. I will admit that I am new to the mac version of autocad LT. I used 2008 LT on a PC for years and the plotting process is totally different on the mac. 

I attached some photos of my screen as I attempt to navigate through the plot process. I use a company printer that is on a server in our office, and I am attached via ethernet. Do I need the drivers like the warning message says even though I have no issue using this printer for normal use (non cad)?

Message 53 of 63
maxim_k

Hi,

When you open Print dialog or Page Setuo dialog for the first time on your Mac, you should not worry about the alert as it only indicates that current page setup saved in the drawing is using this ("DWG to PDF.pc3") plotter configuration. I can say that this plotter configuration was created in PC version of AutoCAD and includes information about "DWG to PDF" plot device available in each AutoCAD for PC version. But you haven't such plotter on your Mac (of course).

In order to be able to plot (save to PDF) from AutoCAD on your Mac you need to create named Page Setup for the printer (plotter) available on your Mac - it could be a company printer attached via Network and configured for using on your Mac, i.e. it should be listed in "Printers & Scanners" pane of Mac OS System Preferences you should be able to use this printer in all applications on Mac.

Than you open your drawing in AutoCAD, switch to Layout, use menu File -> Page Setup Manager to open Page Setup Manager window:

2015-01-20 17-28-28 Page Setup Manager.png

Select current Named Page setup in the list of Page Setups (it is marked with triangle) and click on "+" button, give it a name and select Continue:

2015-01-20 17-30-09 New Page Setup.png

Now you most likely will get an alert about "DWG to PDF.pc3" - just ignore it now and hot OK. This will bring you to Page Setup window and AutoCAD will set your current Mac OS system printer as printer for this page setup, the paper size and orientation will match the default settings in your system. Now you have to make settings for Paper size and orientation you want to use in this Page setup and other settings you need (What to print, etc.)

2015-01-20 17-38-23 AutoCAD Text Window.png

Now click on OK

This will bring you back to Page setup manager where you should select Page setup you just created and set it current:

2015-01-20 17-39-23 Page Setup Manager.png

Now close Page setup manager - you are ready to print the Layout from your Mac via Print dialog - as soon as you will open it you will see all settings you saved for this Layout in named page setup:

2015-01-20 17-50-08 Print.png

One caution: if you are using Custom Paper size and System printer already have default paper size the same size as you have in your Custom paper size (for example you changed print margins in your custom paper size) AutoCAD will substitute your Custom paper size in Print dialog each time when you start to print using Print command and you need to verify this before you start to print - this is a bug in AutoCAD for Mac under Mavericks and Yosemite.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 54 of 63
Jpaul

Alright, I setup a new page setup, named it "508" and on my system preferences I named my server printer "CORRTECH 1" 

I tried to follow your steps but I still can't get the layout to work, see my attached photo of my preview. To be honest at first everything seemed very buggy. I have installed the service packs but I still have weird issues like this, and its hard for me to determine if issuse I still have are bugs or if I am doing something incorrectly. 

Message 55 of 63
maxim_k

Which paper size you defined in page setup with name 508? Is it US Letter?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 56 of 63
Jpaul

"508" was setup using a custom paper size that I put in there, ANSI D landscape which is 34" x 22"

Message 57 of 63
maxim_k

If you open Paper size drop down in print dialog: are you able to see your custom paper size? If yes - set it current and try to print (or preview).

Another thing you can to try: I noticed that in Print dialog you have Print preset "ANSI D" active (just below Printer name) - try to remove this preset so it will show "Default settings" as in my screen shot.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 58 of 63
Jpaul

I selected my custom paper size and set current, also changed print preset to defalt....still wilnot capture my layout properly

I really appreciate your time helping me through this. Please pardon my frustration as I have multiple drawing sets that I need to get out the door each day. The plotting process currently takes me FAR to long and I am hoping that eventually everything will run smoothly. 

Any idea if there will be more service packs for the AC LT 2014 for mac using yosemite? There are several other issues that I come across daily that I just deal with hoping that they will be fixed soon.

Message 59 of 63
maxim_k

Hi,

It seems to me you need to change your Custom paper side settings.

On your screenshot I can see:

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.43.45 AM (2).png

Custom paper size "ANSI D Landscape" is 34.00 by 22.00 inches, but you need to set it to 22.00 by 34.00 inches:

2015-01-27 08-09-57 Custom Paper Sizes.png

And leave orientation in Page setup as you set it (landscape):

2015-01-27 08-12-19 Print.png

Now try to print (preview) your drawing.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 60 of 63
Anonymous

ALGUEM PODE ME AJUDAR????? Captura de Tela 2015-04-06 às 21.04.18.png

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost