AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 LT crashes with latest Yosemite & Autocad update.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mario.mkandcompany
1209 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 LT crashes with latest Yosemite & Autocad update.

I Guys -

I've been using AutoCAD LT 2014 and everything has been going great until I download the most recent update and patch from AutoCAD LT 2014, along with the new upgraded system for Mac - Yosemite.

While working and switching between model space and paper space AutoCAD no longer responds and the only way to get out is to do a "Force Quit" This has happen the past 3 times to me. I rebooted and now when I lunch AutoCAD 2014 LT the program won't even load, and I have to "Force Quit".

Should I try uninstalling AutoCAD and re-installing?

Has anybody had this same issue?

Please advise if you can help.

Thanks!

Mario -

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

At first, please, look here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...
AutoCAD 2014 for Mac has not yet been updated for full compatibility with OS X 10.10.
The second - you can try to reset AutoCAD - simply launch AutoCAD from Dock by holding Shift key on keyboard and clicking on AutoCAD icon (you need to hold Shift for at least a few moments after you click on icon).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
larily80
in reply to: maxim_k

report error

CER_103381257

please help!!!!!!!!!!

can I go back to autocad 2014? my friend says it works fine 😕

Message 4 of 5

larily80 -

This was crazy to say the least. In all the years I have been using AutoCad I never had any problems.

After trying many, many many different fixes - I am finally up and running again and have had no problems since.

One thing I did was make sure my drawing did not have any very large PDF's or JEG's - If you do, reduce the size when you insert them - to the smallest size you can. When I did this it stopped the freezing.

The 2nd thing I did was to up-grade my RAM to 16GB - that allowed for things to run faster.

My tech guy at Apple said, it really is not Yosemite, because AutoCad would have been Beta Tested before it's release. Don't know what to really believe anymore. But this message board is very helpful.

Hope things get better for you.

Mario -

Message 5 of 5

I have been using 2014 LT with Yosemite and while the programme worked fine without any obvious issues. I could not plot a drawing to PDF properly, alot of the detail would be missing.

Today I re installed Mavericks and everythings works just as it should. Need to wait for Autocad to issue a patch for Yosemite. Mind you having used it for a few months as a Beta tester. Not sure its so much better than Mavericks anyway.

Take the advice given do not upgrade if you have Autocad 2014 until its been well and truly tested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost