AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAd 2014 for Mac Vs AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matiaspra
655 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAd 2014 for Mac Vs AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac

Hello,

I am researching to make an educated decision on the purchase of AutoCAD LT 2014 for my new iMac (Mavericks). I am not sure if the LT would cover all my current drafting needs. I do architectural Construction Documents and (so far) I have been able to do all I need on 2D (no 3D tools used) with lines for walls on plan/elev/sections, etc. I do, however, receive surveyor's files with their contour lines with ‘z’ values, and sometimes other offices send their files with 3D walls on them.

My questions are: Are the 3D features/commands the only difference between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT (both 2014 for Mac)? Would I be able to open files that contain 3D elements?

I've always used AutoCAD on PCs, so I am not familiar with the LT version. I will download the trial version to start playing with it, but I was wondering if someone could shed some light, thanks!!

Matias

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: matiaspra

No lisp, and no true 3D in LT, but neither will access vertical content satisfactorily from AutoCAD versions like Civil3D or MAP3D etc.

It's best if you experiment with the trial versions.
Message 3 of 3
matiaspra
in reply to: matiaspra

Thanks, I see. I'm already using the trial version,... looks like I can work just fine with it. I've downloaded the SP1 and still found a couple glitches, but overall runs stable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost