AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 for MAC doesn't work

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
catbatalha8
927 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2014 for MAC doesn't work

I acquired a free student software (for 3 years) of Autocad 2014 for mac, downloaded and installed in my mac os x. I can open projects downloaded from the internet but i can't create a new one. When i open the software, all the commands and controls are missing, just the blue window (in attachment).

I don't know if it's related or not, but when i received my licence via e-mail, i received another e-mail by autodesk about an 'activation code' with lots of numbers but i don't know how to use it.

Can anyone help me to fix this?

Thank you so much,

Catarina

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: catbatalha8

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi Catarina,

It is definitely not a problem of activation. Activation code you received is for the case if you need to activate AutoCAD "off line". Your copy of AutoCAD is activated as you can launch it.

I have some additional questions in order things to be clear:

What does it mean you can open existing projects? 

If you mean that the drawing opens in the drawing area, than: does menu appears in this case?

If you can not see menu in all cases? than looks like you have a problem very similar to this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-general/autocad-2013-for-mac-student-version-toolbar-menu-bar-does-not/m-p/3671802/highlight/true#M5279

At first you can to try to create new user account on your Mac, login to it and launch AutoCAD. If you will be able to see menu ant ToolSets palette, than most likely you have permissions problem your original account. Look through the topic I mentioned in the link above. Maybe one of the solutions will help you.

If you will have troubles, than post your additional questions here.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
catbatalha8
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to fix the problem!

Thanks again,

Catarina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost