AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 will not open in Mountain Lion

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
marsman328
3796 Views, 30 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 will not open in Mountain Lion

On my MacBook Pro I tried this a few months back before i updated my OS to Mountian Lion. after install, i try and open AutoCAD and it bobs there for a second in the tool bar, the autodesk autocad 2013 intro window pops up liks it should... i get a scroll wheel on the mouse, and on the display window, and then it just crashes and closes. Im not sure why!!!!! ive tried 2012, and 2011 and im getting the same result every time. i have un-installed, re-installedm updated, and everything else i can think of and...... nothing. there were a couple fixes that i found on this forum, and a couple apple forums, and nothing seems to do the trick. Hopefully some of you guys have had this same issue and can help me!

Thanks, and i look forward to your replies! 

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
suzoco
in reply to: marsman328

Hiya,

All of the files begin with adskflex in this folder ?

Can you help- i'm having the same problem on my mac?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Message 22 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: suzoco

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi Suzanne,

@suzoco wrote:

All of the files begin with adskflex in this folder ?

Are you asking or claiming?

I can say yes - all files related to AutoCAD begin with adskflex_

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 23 of 31
suzoco
in reply to: wei503

All of the files begin with adskflex? so I would be deleting all of them?

Message 24 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: suzoco

If you will delete those files adskflex_* then on next start AutoCAD should ask you about activation (or it will activates via Internet automatically).

Could you describe your problem in more details?

What do you see when you launch AutoCAD?

Did you pass an activation dialog, when you start AutoCAD first time after installation?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 25 of 31
amy
Explorer

I have the problem - I tried the solutions posted here with no results. I'm a 2013LT subscription customer working on Mac OSX 10.7.4. I just renewed my subscription, installed the new autocad 2013, and haven't been able to open or run the program since. The icon only bounces as if the program is about to open. 

I tried moving / renaming the FLEXnet folder as suggested in other threads, but still no luck.

Message 26 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: amy

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Have you submitted your problem at Subscription center?

If yes and you just waiting for an answer, I can try to help you here.

As I understand, you have not manage to launch AutoCAD LT 2013 at all: you just install it and was trying to launch. Is it so?

If yes, I think there could be a problem with activation.

Could you post here messages from Console application during your attempt to launch AutoCAD?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 27 of 31
amy
Explorer
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for the quick reply. I created a Case # with Autodesk but haven't heard back yet.

I'm not familiar with the console application. I'm not sure if this is what  you're looking for - it is the only information that seems to relate to the problem with Autocad. All other messages seem to relate to other programs:

Oct 20 22:12:28 Amy-Carmans-Computer /Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/Service/11.03.005/FNPLicensingService: Started\n
Oct 20 22:12:28 Amy-Carmans-Computer /Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/Service/11.03.005/FNPLicensingService: This service performs licensing functions on behalf of FLEXnet enabled products.\n
Oct 20 23:22:25 Amy-Carmans-Computer configd[38]: rtmsg: error writing to routing socket

To answer your question: no, I cannot launch Autocad2013 LT at all. The icon in my navigation bar bounces, the splash screen comes up, but then the program doesn't go any futher. I haven't gotten to an activation screen since installing the new program.

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 28 of 31
maxim_k

Hi,

May be I'm not absolutely correct, but it seems that you have network (Internet) connection problems. Are you using wireless network?
During first start AutoCAD launch License manager application, which trying to connect to Autodesl License server, but it fail to connect.
What if you will try to disconnect from network (Internet) and launch AutoCAD. You should get an alert from License manager about online activation, then you should choose activate via e-mail, fill-in form and send it to Autodesk. They should send you activation code via e-mail.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 29 of 31
amy
Explorer
in reply to: maxim_k

I tried your suggestion. I disconnected from our wireless connection and tried launching autocad. I'm still not able to make it beyond the splash screen.

I submitted a help request and created a case number with Autodesk but haven't yet heard back. It's been nearly 24 hours.

Any other suggestions? We rely on this software at our office and cannot afford to be without it for very long.

Message 30 of 31
maxim_k

Could you, please, post Console log for the second time (without network connection)?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 31 of 31
wei503

Hi Amy,

We need to know why the license dialog fails to show up and quit. Attached a tool to collect the license files related with AutoCAD. Please:

1. Download the attached zip to your machine like Desktop
  2. Double click on it to unzip it, a file named “FlexAnalysis” will show at the same directory
  3. Double click on the file to execute it
  4. A result file named “result.tar.gz” will be generated in your Documents folder, please send this file to me.

My email address: wei.ma@autodesk.com

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost