AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 will not open in Mountain Lion

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
marsman328
3769 Views, 30 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 will not open in Mountain Lion

On my MacBook Pro I tried this a few months back before i updated my OS to Mountian Lion. after install, i try and open AutoCAD and it bobs there for a second in the tool bar, the autodesk autocad 2013 intro window pops up liks it should... i get a scroll wheel on the mouse, and on the display window, and then it just crashes and closes. Im not sure why!!!!! ive tried 2012, and 2011 and im getting the same result every time. i have un-installed, re-installedm updated, and everything else i can think of and...... nothing. there were a couple fixes that i found on this forum, and a couple apple forums, and nothing seems to do the trick. Hopefully some of you guys have had this same issue and can help me!

Thanks, and i look forward to your replies! 

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
marsman328
in reply to: marsman328

bump

Message 3 of 31
maxim_k

Hi,

Did you pass AutoCAD activation? Or you never get AutoCAD running on your Mac.
What do you see in System log, when you start AutoCAD?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 31
THDesign-CA

We have just installed ACAD LT 2013 for Mac on the new 27" iMac running Mac OS 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and can confirm is running smoothly, as expected. It is a world of differences from the PC version, many of them detrimental or missing much used functionality for those haviing worked on PC, but otherwise is a nice UI.

Terry Heard Designers
350 Lakeshore Road East · Suite 200
Oakville · ON · Canada · L6J 1J6
tel | 905.842.3131
Message 5 of 31
marsman328
in reply to: maxim_k

it is fully installed, and icon is in my shortcut bar at the bottom. when i click the icon to open, it bounces for a little while. while bouncing, the main autocad startup screen pops up with some nice design of a building or someting similar to that, and i get a loading bar or scroll wheel, and shortly after this, it just quits and icon stops bouncing, autocad screen goes away and the application quits. i have went through the process of un-installing, an re-installing, tried 2012 and 2013 multiple times and every single time i get this same error.

Message 6 of 31
maxim_k

Looks like you have one of the "traditional" problems with installation of AutoCAD on Mac - the problem, is in fact that the AutoCAD license manager could not start properly on your Mac (could be because it can not write some information to the system folders).

And I still don't know the direct solution for this issue, I think mostly it is "permissions" problem.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 31
wei503

Can you try steps below:

1. Open a Finder window, press shift + cmd + c to go to hard disk page > select the disk partition where you installed AutoCAD > Library folder > Preferences folder > FlEXnet Publisher folder

2. Rename the FLEXnet Publisher folder to FLEXnet Publisher_old

3. Re-install AutoCAD.

4. Copy all files and folders from the FLEXnet Publisher_old folder into the new FLEXnet Publisher folder except any files that begin with "adskflex".

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 8 of 31
maxim_k

Wei's advice could help especially if you have Adobe software installed on your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 31
-maria-m
in reply to: wei503

thank u so much wei503 !!! i had the same problem for years...now it works without problems!...u made my day!

Message 10 of 31

wei503 YOU ARE THE BEST THANKS THANKS THANKS wow I struggled with this more than a day of just searching the web for answers

Message 11 of 31
amelius

Long story - we bought Autocad LT 2013 for Mac through the AppStore - Big mistake...

We got rid of the program last week and went to Autodesk to buy two seats of LT for Mac. Both running on iMac 10.8.6 OSX.

I've installed, uninstalled, done the updates, done the whole library/preference/FLEXNET thing without any luck.  The install seems to have worked, both choosing to include my serial # and with a trial version. When I go to open the program the splash screen comes up, loading, then closes. No error message, nothing.

What is happening? Is it the machine? is it permissions? I'm not the IT department and it's really costing me on my production.

Message 12 of 31
maxim_k
in reply to: amelius

Hi,

@amelius wrote:

We got rid of the program last week and went to Autodesk to buy two seats of LT for Mac. Both running on iMac 10.8.6 OSX.

10.8.6 OSX - Are you sure? AFAIK there is no such version, current version is 10.8.4 (10.8.5 update is currently under development)

As I see from your message - you have not pass Activation Window. Is it true?

Have you any Adobe software installed on your Mac?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 31
amelius

Ah, you're right.. too many numbers... I am working on a OSX10.8.4.

Correct, I am not getting to the activation window. It doesn't make it past the splash screen - I've tried working with the solution you noted in  this thread a few months ago, but it's not working in my case.

Should I delete my adobe porgrams? All I have is reader and acrobat 

Message 14 of 31
maxim_k

OK,

Reader can not make any problems, but Adobe Acrobat - can (if you mean Adobe's application for authoring and editing PDF files).

You don't need to delete them.

Try this:

1. Make sure that no programs are running.
  2. Move the folder "FLEXnet Publisher" from "/Library/Preferences/" (Library folder at the Root of your Mac HD) to another location (for example, to a temporary folder in your home directory), uninstall AutoCAD (if it was already installed).
  3. Install AutoCAD. It must work for now.
  4. Copy back to the folder "/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet" all files that looks like "adobe_XXXXXXXXX_tsf.data" from the folder that you have moved in step 1.
  5. Now you should be able to work in Adobe Apps and in AutoCAD for MAC!

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 15 of 31
amelius

Still no go.  I followed the steps but it still fails to get past the splash screen.

I followed the path through the FLEXPublisher - the file is compltely empty, even after download.

I deleted my adobe programs.

Do I need to create folders?

Message 16 of 31
maxim_k

@amelius wrote:

I deleted my adobe programs.

Do I need to create folders?

If you mean FLEXnet Publisher folders - no, because when AutoCAD run an activation process - it should create this folder automatically if it doesn't exists.

Seems that AutoCAD can not create (or write information) to this folder.

Do you use the latest version of AutoCAD LT 2013 installer? What is the name of DMG file you have at hand?

Is it from DVD or you download it just now?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 17 of 31
amelius

I downloaded the latest installation package. I'm not sure what you mean by DMG files. Checked my permission issues on the folder before trying to install again.

Installed, the FLEXNet folder showed up in the Preferences - but it is still empty.

Message 18 of 31
maxim_k

Could you post Console output at the time when you try to start AutoCAD?

To say true, I never had any problems with AutoCAD License Manager (the application that could not start properly on your Mac in your user account).

You can also try to create new user account on your Mac (with Administrator permissions) and try to launch AutoCAD for the first time, but I'm not sure that it can help in your case.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 19 of 31
amelius

This is what the console is saying when I try to start the program:

"7/29/13 4:04:13.105 PM WindowServer[72]: CGXDeferSurfaces : Invalid source window 965"
Message 20 of 31
maxim_k

Hi,

@amelius wrote:
This is what the console is saying when I try to start the program:

"7/29/13 4:04:13.105 PM WindowServer[72]: CGXDeferSurfaces : Invalid source window 965"

This is too little! You should see more information.

@amelius wrote:

Long story - we bought Autocad LT 2013 for Mac through the AppStore - Big mistake...

We got rid of the program last week and went to Autodesk to buy two seats of LT for Mac. ..

If you bought AutoCAD LT from Autodesk - Are you on Subscription?

You can get Technical support from Autodesk if you are.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost