AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 slowing steadily with more lines on 2012 MBPro Retina

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
egponti
387 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 slowing steadily with more lines on 2012 MBPro Retina

I have a MacBook Pro Retina, bought when they were quite new- must have been late 2012, it's medium-to-high-spec; 2.6GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 512SSD. Had AutoCAD 2013 (student version) for 2 years now and it has never worked, getting to the point where I seriously need it on my laptop for university work so I need to sort this out ASAP.

The problem is, the more you draw, the less it seems able to cope with. Copy is the worst, where once there is a drawing, it can take between 2-15 mins of the spinning ball before AutoCAD works itself out. This is less than ideal, I know AutoCAD is supposed to be a quick tool, but when a single polyline takes ten seconds to lay down, it becomes cumbersome and useless. I have had no other issues with any other software, including the adobe suite, it is just AutoCAD. I have reinstalled it, periodically updated my OS (it is the most most up to date at the moment) but still nothing. I also had a friend run some command on the mac on start-up for it to automatically fix any software problems- could only find issue with the sound card.

Please help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: egponti

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

I think you need to check persistence of parametric constraints in your drawing.

Go to menu Parametric -> Delete Constraints, than type ALL at the command prompt and hit Return. If you have constraints in the drawing, they should be deleted.

Then check if you have "Infer Constraints" turning ON, and turn them OFF from Status Bar:

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.36.00.png

or with Shift_Cmd+I shortcut.

Then test your drawing.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
egponti
in reply to: maxim_k

Thankyou very much, this seems to have sorted it. Feeling fairly silly for not having figured that out myself, and even more mystified by the inability of numerous architects, tutors and tech support guys to suggest any fix before now, it is very much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost