AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2013 mac stb to ctb ????

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
philstar
8997 Views, 2 Replies

autocad 2013 mac stb to ctb ????

It drives me nuts. How can I convert the plotstyle from stb to ctb? Simply used to be "convertctb". But the comand doesn't work.

Why do they keep changing simple things like that all the time?

Can someone give me a hint?

Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-28 um 14.32.08.png

Bildschirmfoto 2012-04-28 um 14.40.27.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: philstar

Hi,

Yes, this is a problem. but:

Here is the hints:

1. Open your STB based drawing, unlock all layers, use COPYBASE (or COPYCLIP) command to copy All objects to clipboard, create new drawing from CTB based template (acad.dwt, acadiso.dwt, etc.), paste clipboard contents to it. Now your drawing become CTB based. But you will lose drawing depended settings (LTSCALE, unused Layers, TEXT and DIM Styles, etc.)

2. Another way, that will retain everything in drawing, but this way little bit harder:

Open your STB based drawing, save it as 2013 DXF. Close DXF file (answer No to "Save in AutoCAD 2013 Drawing format ?" question).

You will get huge text file, that you can open and save in any text editor, that allows to save PLAIN text without formatting (I use TextWrangler from App Store, but I think that TextEdit will do the work too).

After you open DXF file in preferred text editor, use Find function to find "$PSTYLEMODE" string, this will bring you to these strings in DXF file:

$PSTYLEMODE

substitute 0 for 1:

$PSTYLEMODE

Save file. Open DXF file in AutoCAD and save it as DWG. Your DWG became CTB based.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
norman
in reply to: maxim_k

@maxim_k wrote:

Hi,

Yes, this is a problem. but:

Here is the hints:

1. Open your STB based drawing, unlock all layers, use COPYBASE (or COPYCLIP) command to copy All objects to clipboard, create new drawing from CTB based template (acad.dwt, acadiso.dwt, etc.), paste clipboard contents to it. Now your drawing become CTB based. But you will lose drawing depended settings (LTSCALE, unused Layers, TEXT and DIM Styles, etc.)

2. Another way, that will retain everything in drawing, but this way little bit harder:

Open your STB based drawing, save it as 2013 DXF. Close DXF file (answer No to "Save in AutoCAD 2013 Drawing format ?" question).

You will get huge text file, that you can open and save in any text editor, that allows to save PLAIN text without formatting (I use TextWrangler from App Store, but I think that TextEdit will do the work too).

After you open DXF file in preferred text editor, use Find function to find "$PSTYLEMODE" string, this will bring you to these strings in DXF file:

$PSTYLEMODE

substitute 0 for 1:

$PSTYLEMODE

Save file. Open DXF file in AutoCAD and save it as DWG. Your DWG became CTB based.

Maxim

It really helps! Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost