AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

Active Contributor
nxt925
Message 1 of 2 (1,936 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD 2013 Layout Bar

1936 Views, 1 Replies
01-15-2013 10:59 PM

I accidently removed the layout bar (new viewport, edit page setup, print layout) in the paper space layout. I remember this happened a while back and there was command to get it back. I was a little surprised there wasn't an easier way to get it back since its so easy to just click on the "x" and close that window. I've been searching all day for that command.

What is the command to get that window back and is typing the command the only way to get it back?

Also in a different topic, is there a way to save a plot style as a default? Like If i have 42x30 layout and everytime i close the drawing and re-open it again, is there way for it to use the same settings previously used for that layout (or save those settings)?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can return back Layout Visor by changing system variable PAPERSPACEVISOR to 1:

Command: PAPERSPACEVISOR
Enter new value for PAPERSPACEVISOR <0>: 1

About the second question-

You can save page setup to default template you are using for new drawings (it could be ACAD.DWT or ACADISO.DWT inside "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/local/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/Template" folder), just open template .DWT file as you open ordinary drawing, add Page Setup and save template.

You can also import named Page Setups from existing drawings from Page Setup Manager dialog:

Screen Shot 2013-01-16 at 12.08.19.png

Maxim

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 2 of 2 (1,932 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Layout Bar

01-16-2013 12:10 AM in reply to: nxt925

Hi,

You can return back Layout Visor by changing system variable PAPERSPACEVISOR to 1:

Command: PAPERSPACEVISOR
Enter new value for PAPERSPACEVISOR <0>: 1

About the second question-

You can save page setup to default template you are using for new drawings (it could be ACAD.DWT or ACADISO.DWT inside "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/local/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/Template" folder), just open template .DWT file as you open ordinary drawing, add Page Setup and save template.

You can also import named Page Setups from existing drawings from Page Setup Manager dialog:

Screen Shot 2013-01-16 at 12.08.19.png

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.