AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 for mac vs windows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mannyk29
1535 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad 2013 for mac vs windows

Hi guy! Ok i've been using Autocad 2013 for Mac and windows for sometime. I have read that it is impossible to make the mac version look like the windows version. I think that it has to be untrue at least for the small issues I have. I would really like someone to explain to me how to set up the menus and such on my Mac to simply be in similar loactions. Clarification: I am only reffering to the menus you generally keep on screen while creating and modifying a drawing. At school they have the menus across the top of the drawing window. just simple thing like line, dimentions, layers etc simply menu placement to make it a little more seemless when searching for simple things like what layer im working in.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: mannyk29

Your school is running AutoCAD for MAC? Or just you?

AutoCAD for Windows uses a Microsoft Windows Ribbon: MAC OS by Apple does not, and AutoCAD for Mac follows the guidelines of Apple for a "Native" display/look/feel. The often used Apples vs. Oranges argument: both are round, both are fruit, but they are very different.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost