AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 for mac. Setting plot styles

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
adam
68935 Views, 17 Replies

Autocad 2013 for mac. Setting plot styles

I am trying to set a particular plot style to my drawings in cad for mac 2013. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
maxim_k
in reply to: adam

Hi,

It is not really difficult.

I show you an example for Model Space, but the same applies to Layouts.

1. Open Page Setup manager from File menu:

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 13.42.09.png

2. Create new, or modify existing Page Setup (for new you have to give it a name and after creation - don't forget to set it current from "gear" menu in Page Setup dialog)

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 13.42.16.png

3. In Page Setup dialog click on small button at the bottom right to open additional settings

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 13.42.36.png

4. Check-mark Plot with plot styles

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 13.42.57.png

5. And select Plot Style table from "Name" drop-down list.

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 13.43.31.png

6. Click OK, then Set current from "gear" menu (if you created new page setup, then "Close" in Page Setup Manager.

Maxim

PS You can also assign Plot Style table for each of Layouts and for Model from Properties Inspector, but without creating named Page setup. Ensure, that nothing selected in drawing:

Screen shot 2012-08-22 at 14.00.36.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 18
evetterios
in reply to: maxim_k

THANK YOU For this! Hi there, I am using AutoCAD 2013 for Mac. I created an all black plot style and I am selecting it the way you laid it out above, but for some reason it keeps printing the drawing in color instead of the lineweights I have selected. I am so frustrated, I am not sure what I am doing wrong or overlooking. Can you help?
Message 4 of 18
maxim_k
in reply to: evetterios

Hi,

Please check colors you use in your drawing for Layers and for objects. AutoCAD will output in black with monochrome plot style only standard AutoCAD colors with numbers from1 to 255 (AutoCAD Color Index) from this dialog :

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 19.35.11.png

If you have Layers and objects with True Color assigned - they will be color in every case.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 18

Hi, I'm also having big drama here with the printing process. Apparently I simply do not have the options to configure the printing as I want. Can someone help please?

I don`t seem to have the "advanced" button so I can enter my CTB style and so one... How should I proceed? 

Captura de Tela 2014-01-20 às 22.23.54.png

Message 6 of 18
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
The screen shot you provided shows Print dialog, but I told about Page Setup manager (Menu File -> Page Setup Manager) from which you can open Edit Page Setup dialog which has "Advanced" section.
From Print dialog you can also reach Edit Page Setup dialog by clicking on Edit Page Setup button (at the center of Print dialog), but settings you make via Print dialog doesn't saved permanently. If you want use settings in the drawing each time you print you have to create Page Setup in Page Setup Manager, set it current and than use each time you want to print.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 18
ovanmaasdijk

Hi There, am new to this discussion but have the same problem: AutoCAD doesn't seem to assign the plot style that I have assigned. in my case all colours are set to black, but AutoCAD 2014 keeps printing in colour.

I have followed the steps you have laid out, but to no avail.

Anything else I could try?

Much thanks in advance 

Message 8 of 18
maxim_k
in reply to: ovanmaasdijk

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

If everything is OK with your Plot Style table (BTW: which one you use CTB or STB?), and colors in your drawing are from ACI (not True Colors), than check that visual style inside viewport in Layout, or visual style in Model Space (if you are printing from it) is 2D Wireframe or Wireframe, all other visual styles will give you color output even if you are using monochrome plot style table:

Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 13.28.53.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 18
ovanmaasdijk

Hi Maxim, Thanks for your quick response!

I am using a .CTB file as a plot style file. This same file is used by other CAD users in my office and works fine on their PC/Mac.
Colours I am using are from ACI and set to by layer; lines and objects in drawing set to Bylayer...
Visual style (in model space) is set to 2D wireframe.

Still unfortunately plotting in colour (irrespective of which plotter I'm using or if trying to save to a PDF format).
Message 10 of 18
maxim_k

Could you post your file (or part of it) along with CTB file here?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 18
ovanmaasdijk

HI MAXIM,

I restarted AutoCAD and now all of a sudden all works fine!
Sorry for the run-around (could have tried that earlier...) and thanks again for your help...

Regards,
Oliver

Message 12 of 18
raspillaga

Hi, my problem is that when printing choose to "edit page setup" window can not be seen complete, as an attachment to the message

Message 13 of 18
maxim_k

Hi,
If you are on Mavericks: have you installed SP2 for AutoCAD 2013 for Mac?
You need to instal this SP to resolve incompatibility issues.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 18
CosmicRocket

One feature that I use a lot is in AutoCAD on Windows is the "apply to layout" command which allows me to modify and set the print settings all from within the print dialogue box without having to go separatley into the page setup dialogue box and fiddle with the setting there (see attachment). In fact I very rarely use the "page set" settings.

Is there a similar way of doing this in AutoCAD from Mac? I am finding the process very laborious as I need to set up page settings for so many variables.

Thanks for advice.... Smiley Tongue

autocad_plottransparency_jpg__759×573_.jpg

Message 15 of 18
maxim_k
in reply to: CosmicRocket

Hi,

There is no such feature in AutoCAD for Mac.
You can not save settings you make in Page Setup dialog when you call it from Print dialog.
If you need to make changes to several Layouts at once you can create Named Page setup in Page Setup Manager and apply it to each Layout you need. Than you will be able to edit one "master" Named Page setup and apply it to all Layouts you assigned this "master" page setup in one click using Page Setup manager.
On Mac you are also able to use "Previous" plot settings in Page setup dialog if you call it from Print dialog (see check-mark and dropdown list at the upper left side of Page setup dialog).

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 16 of 18
CosmicRocket

@maxim_k wrote:

Hi,

There is no such feature in AutoCAD for Mac.
You can not save settings you make in Page Setup dialog when you call it from Print dialog.
If you need to make changes to several Layouts at once you can create Named Page setup in Page Setup Manager and apply it to each Layout you need. Than you will be able to edit one "master" Named Page setup and apply it to all Layouts you assigned this "master" page setup in one click using Page Setup manager.
On Mac you are also able to use "Previous" plot settings in Page setup dialog if you call it from Print dialog (see check-mark and dropdown list at the upper left side of Page setup dialog).

Maxim

Thanks for your reply but im afraid this is really frustrating.

Message 17 of 18
awl1l

So I now see how one (Mac LT 2016) can 'import' a Page Setup from a different drawing. But is there a way to pre-populate the page setup menu for all existing drawings with a set of previously created page setups (so one doesn't have to import them for every drawing)? 

thanks,

ART

Message 18 of 18
maxim_k
in reply to: awl1l

Hi ART,

I think it is impossible in AutoCAD for Mac.
Page Setups are stored inside individual drawings. A good idea could be to create drawing template with all page setups you need and than create drawings using this template. But I think it is too late for you as you already have drawings and need only import the set of page setups into them....

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost