AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Trial Download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Caliglas
560 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Trial Download

Hello. First post....of many to come later I'm sure. I used a trial version of AC LT Mac and created a .dxf file. I tried opening the file on a friends computer who has an authorized, paid for Autocad program. It would not open. Is this because it was created on the trial version? And, when I purchase the software will I be able to open and use this file? Thanks,

Jerry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
push_pull
in reply to: Caliglas

I don't know alot about .dxfs. If your friend has an older version of Autocad the file may need to be coverted to a previous version.  It has always been my experience that with trial and student versions that you can open them in full software. You get a warning that you can't go back to the trial or student version but it still opens.

Message 3 of 6
Caliglas

Well, I paid for the program, opened the file and re-saved it. I still cannot open the file on Autocad 2015 on a friends program. It also cannot be opened on Bobcad at the cnc shop which is where I need it.
Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Hi Jerry,

Can you attach your file here?
Or you can send it to my mail:
mkanaev at yandex.ru
I will look at it.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
Caliglas
in reply to: maxim_k

Sent to your email. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Caliglas

So...........I was instructed by the kind sir above to clean up the file. There were some other elements far in the distance in the file. I copied the main structure of what I needed and pasted into another file. Saved it and it works. On my way. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost