AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Mac, MTEXT not displaying/printing correctly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jonese15
1880 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Mac, MTEXT not displaying/printing correctly

I am having issues with printing and displaying MTEXT correctly in AutoCAD 2012 for Mac.  I've never had this problem before so hopefully something small was changed between 2011 and 2012 and it's just a matter of switching a setting.  

When creating new text it displays as if it has a transparency on it even though the transparency in the properties menu is set to 0.  No matter what color I assign it (I have a color assiged plot style) it also plots very thin.  I need the text to show up normally on the screen and to plot according to the color it is assigned thickness.  Any help would be great!  I've attached a screenshot to hopefully visually explain my issue.  

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: jonese15

Hi,

Check your text style: looks like it has SHX font assigned to it (not True Type). That's why it is very thin.

Will be better if you can post your file (or part of it) with this text.

BTW, in MTEXT - even if text style based on TTF font - you can override font settings for individual letters, so check also font inside MTEXT editor: select text string inside MTEXT editor, expand Text Editor Visor and look at the name of text font.

Screen shot 2011-11-06 at 22.26.14.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
jonese15
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for the tip.

It the font actually was Truetype and not SHX but when I switched it to SHX it displayed and plotted correctly.

Solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost