AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2011 for mac's interface back to classic view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ddygirl
8858 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad 2011 for mac's interface back to classic view

Hi,

I am the old user of the AutoCad.

Is there possible do something I can change the interface back to classic view (just like AutoCad 07, 2009..)

I can't found any key that can back to classic view... thanks..!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ddygirl

Enjoy the new interface: it's Apple specific and the only one you can use. There is no Windows or DOS interface available.

Message 3 of 7
jaich

You're looking at it.

Message 4 of 7
JohnRennie

Why did Autodesk feel the need to make it different from the normal version of AutoCAD?

Other CAD programmes (ArchiCAD) manage to have a mac + windows versions that are indistinguishable. Therefore if you switch companies, etc. (from mac house to a windows house) you are not disadvantaged.

Message 5 of 7

I am in the same boat.  I was used to CAD 2007 and was interested in a version where I didn't have to run Parallels to get there, so I got 2012 for Mac.  I hate to be negative, but there's nothing about it that I like.  Since I'm strongly adverse to having to learn the program over again, I will likely get rid of it and go again the Paralles route so I can get Classic View back.  I am so much more efficient there.   I'm surprised and disappointed in AutoDesk's choice here, seems like a big mistake.  I wonder how many Mac version users there are out there.  I'd think with all the resources they're putting into the program each year, they'd make it easier and more intuitive to use, rather than harder.  Makes some of the free programs out there seem like a pleasure to use.

Message 6 of 7
David_Stacey

Sorry, but I can't agree. I've been using AutoCAD on Windows for 20 years and couldn't wait for a native OS X version.
Sure, the UI is different but I managed to shift all my custom Lisp files and get up-and-running fairly quickly.
The differences between the versions are not so insurmountable that you can't learn the Mac version.
Message 7 of 7
brian.lamoreaux

I guess I have to go take some classes again and learn how to customize my CAD program to make it look like the old versions I'm used to.  I've dove very little with lisp.  This prospect is unrealistic when I have a small company to run.  Or else sell what I have, and go buy Parallels, Windows OS and 2010 CAD.   Both options seem like such a bother knowing the company actively puts effort into development; I would think they would want it to be easier to use and attract more users, rather than make the users they have go get more training, etc.

wah 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost