AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac or not?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
christineak
1371 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac or not?

I studied Interior Design and have the edu AutoCAD 2006 and I am currently a Mac user.  I have not touched CAD for about 3 years now and I am getting back into the field.  I was excited to see AutoCAD for Mac but I have read some horrible reviews.  I basically need to buy a new computer b/c I have the MacBook Pro 3,1 and OS 10.4.11.  It seems even if I update the OS my computer still won't be able to handle AutoCAD 2011.  Is that correct?  I love Mac and really don't want to go back to a PC but I also want CAD to work properly.  I need to do 3D designs.  Does anyone have advice...should I try the AutoCAD for mac or buy a "work" dell and stay with reg AutoCAD 2011?  Also if I do go with the mac version does anyone know if they will give free updates for bugs and missing functions?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BernardMadoff
in reply to: christineak

why not run AutoCAD through windows on your mac for now like lots of other users currently do and then upgrade your mac later next year once steve has developed a descent mac and Autodesk get a proper working mac version of Autocad out there.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 3
jaich
in reply to: christineak

Stay with regular AutoCAD on a PC for now if you need to be productive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost