AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

83 REPLIES 83
SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
Fredrik_Thege
11593 Views, 83 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

Hi everyone,

I am using AutoCAD 2011 for Mac to draw simple 2D blueprints for lithography masks.

When I try to use copy or copy with base point and subsequently paste commands, AutoCAD either does nothing or crashes. Approximately once out of 10 times it will successfully copy the selection. This applies to copying between drawings as well as within a drawing.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it's not helping.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Fredrik

83 REPLIES 83
Message 41 of 84
maxim_k
in reply to: Fredrik_Thege

Hi all,

for all who have already installed the 10.6.7 update and don't want (or can not) to reinstall OS, I want to suggest to try my workaround for Copy-Paste problem.

Download attached ACADDOC.LSP and place it to "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/Support/" folder. Then you can use standard AutoCAD commands for copy-paste and even shortcut keys (Cmd+C, Cmd+V...).

The only one limitation, that when you copy (or cut) objects AutoCAD asks to pick base point, like in Copybase command.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 42 of 84
borja_carredano
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

IT WORKED! I've tried it with my new MBP 17'' with OS 10.6.7 and it work perfectly! Thanks a lot, works every time I use it and hasn't crashed yet neither! 

Message 43 of 84
cthomsen

It's working for me too. THANKS.

Message 44 of 84
jschaap
in reply to: cthomsen

god i wish that i had more patience.. autocad working but a lot of of other programs after restoring to 10.6.3 are getting me headaches here..... going back to 10.6.7 also and use this fix... 16hours for the mac os update is there uppffffff (living in brasil can be something a pain, but not for the women)

Message 45 of 84
Fredrik_Thege

OMG! It works.

Thank you!

Message 46 of 84
Einstijn

It works! thx Maxim! And i dont call that copying with basepoint a limitation, i call that what i have been waiting for for a few months 😉 To change ctrl-c to copy with base point. 2 problems fixed at once!

thank you thank you!

Message 47 of 84
maxim_k
in reply to: Einstijn

Hi Einstijn,

In fact this workaround is not pure solution, because I have redefined COPYBASE, COPYCLIP, CUTCLIP and PASTECLIP AutoCAD commands (substituted with custom routines). So, for example, inserting "plain" text to drawing (not inside TEXT or MTEXT commands) from real clipboard with pasteclip doesn't work.

About your problem "To change ctrl-c to copy with base point".

Have you read my post at macacad.com "Edit and Create Shortcuts in AutoCAD for MAC? YES it is possible! Part two (advanced)"? It is about your request too.

For your problem you have to change only one word in AcceleratorRoot.cui file:

1. make sure you not running AutoCAD, open AcceleratorRoot.cui file in text editor

2. go to line 89 and change "ID_Copyclip" to "ID_Copybase"

Screen shot 2011-03-27 at 17.39.44.png

3. Save file (you already made backup copy of it, isn't it?)

From now you will have CMD+C for COPYBASE (Mac style) and CTRL+C for COPYCLIP.

If you want CTRL+C for COPYBASE and CMD+C for COPYCLIP, then you have to change line 530 in that file.

Screen shot 2011-03-27 at 17.48.17.png

HTH

Oh yes, you can make the above modifications after Copy-Paste fix will be avaliable from Autodesk. Also don't forget to remove my ACADDOC.LSP from Support folder after official fix.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 48 of 84
cthomsen

Hi Maxim_k

Thanks for all your effort on our behalf. I've installed your file and things are working as you say. Assuming that AutoDesk issues a new release soon with a fix to this problem, should we then remove your file?

Message 49 of 84
maxim_k

@cthomsen wrote:

Hi Maxim_k

.....Assuming that AutoDesk issues a new release soon with a fix to this problem, should we then remove your file?

Yes, sure, I think just before applying upcoming patch.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 50 of 84
Einstijn

Thanks for the help maxim! ill try that 🙂

Message 51 of 84
belilom
in reply to: Einstijn

Guys,

We believe we have identified the fix for this issue and posted a Beta version of the fix on Autodesk Beta portal.  For those of you who would like to get a head start on this fix, please sign up for its Beta testing at http://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=A69F1154A0724EDC81C6A24137D9862C and grab it from there.

If you have any difficulties, feel free to email me personally at misha at autodesk dot com.

Thank you for your patience.

Misha Belilovskiy

AutoCAD Test Development

Message 52 of 84
wouterverstraete1
in reply to: belilom

is the problem really solved with this beta?

so with this version installed we can copy and paste correctly?

Message 53 of 84
maxim_k

Hi Misha,

Looks like this Update solves Copy-Paste problem on Mac OS 10.6.7.

I have tested it half a working day - everything works now.

Many thanks to all developers!

For everyone who used my Copy-Paste "fix", I would like to remind: do not forget to remove  ACADDOC.LSP file from "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/Support/" folder.  

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 54 of 84
cthomsen

It's working for me too. Thanks maxim_k and thanks for the prompt response Misha.

Message 55 of 84
belilom

By now those of you who have Update 1 installed on your system should start getting in-product notification about Update 2 being available for AutoCAD 2011 for Mac.  I just wanted to let you know that this update contains the fix for the Copy/Paste issue.

Note: if you installed Beta version of this update released two days ago, you do not have to change it - it is the same version of an update that was released publically today.

Another note: with this update you no longer need acaddoc.lsp provided by Maxim as a workaround.  Feel free to delete it.  That said, I would like to sincerely thank Maxim for his efforts and help in this subject matter!

Thank you guys for your patience and feel free to contact me if you have issues.

Misha Belilovskiy

AutoCAD Test Development

Message 56 of 84
cthomsen

Thanks Misha. Is the copy/past matter the only change in the update?

Message 57 of 84
belilom

Charles,

There are a lot more issues that were addressed in this update.  You can get the details from the separate Maxim's post on this newsgroup or straight from the readme, which you can find along with the patch itself at 

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL16760244

Thanks,

Misha

Message 58 of 84
cthomsen

Thanks, you all do a great job.

Message 59 of 84
truwatt

Update 2 bumps up required memory to 3gb. Any chance that Autodesk will provide a fix that doesn't require more memory?

Message 60 of 84
belilom
in reply to: truwatt

Truwatt,

Update 2 did not change the minimal system requirements.  3GB has been a requirement from the very beginning - from the initial release of the product.  Please see: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=15435044

Thanks,

Misha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost