AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

83 REPLIES 83
SOLVED
Message 1 of 84
Fredrik_Thege
11523 Views, 83 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac crashes when COPY/PASTING

Hi everyone,

I am using AutoCAD 2011 for Mac to draw simple 2D blueprints for lithography masks.

When I try to use copy or copy with base point and subsequently paste commands, AutoCAD either does nothing or crashes. Approximately once out of 10 times it will successfully copy the selection. This applies to copying between drawings as well as within a drawing.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it's not helping.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Fredrik

83 REPLIES 83
Message 21 of 84
Einstijn
in reply to: robnyoung

Now i think of it, the problems indeed came around the time i got the new mac update. (10.6.7)

I have a 2009 Mbp 13,3 256ghz 4mb ram ( MacBookPro5,5 with 4 mb ram)

Message 22 of 84
borja.carredano
in reply to: maxim_k

Yes, the new Mbp, but 17''. it's a 2.2 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 with 4 GB RAM

Message 23 of 84
cthomsen
in reply to: Fredrik_Thege

Maybe we are getting somewhere here. I have the problem on my new Mac Book 15 but not on my old one.
Message 24 of 84
maxim_k
in reply to: borja.carredano

@borja.carredano wrote:

Yes, the new one, but 17''

OK, which graphics card you have enabled at tis moment ATI or integrated  Intel graphics (check System Preferences "Energy Saving")

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 25 of 84
maxim_k
in reply to: Einstijn

@Einstijn wrote:

Now i think of it, the problems indeed came around the time i got the new mac update. (10.6.7)

I have the same one with 10.6.7, but have no problems with copy/pasting.
Are you sure about where did you get you copy of AutoCAD?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 26 of 84
borja.carredano

I had the "automatic graphics switching" box checked, so i unchecked it and tried again the copy pasting with autoCAD and happened the same thing.. restarted the computer and tried again.. same results.. 

I downloaded autoCAD from autodesk directly with the akamai downloader

Message 27 of 84
truwatt

Einstijn said:

I second that - problems started a couple of hours after installing the new Mac update yesterday. Problems with CAD persist - guess I'm hand drafting today!

Message 28 of 84
elvera88

When i install the mac update 10.6.7 the autoad crashes i think the answer is to unnistall this update... Anyone know how to do it?

Message 29 of 84
cthomsen

No that I think about it, I believe installing 10.6.6 is when I began experiencing the problem. 

Message 30 of 84
Fredrik_Thege

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.6 and still experiencing the problems.

Message 31 of 84
elvera88

i have 2 mbp 13" and 15" the mbp15 have 10.6.7 and autocad copy/paste dont work in my other mbp 13" i have mac os x 10.6.6 and it works capy paste in cad then i test the mbp 13 updating to 10.6.7 and starts not working capy paste in autocad i think the problem is the update

Message 32 of 84
cthomsen
in reply to: elvera88

I have a 13 mbp running 10.6.6 and copy/paste works. I have a brand new 15. Running 10.6.6, copy/paste crashes. It has the AMD Radon HD 6750M and the Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 1 meg graphic memory.

Message 33 of 84
jschaap
in reply to: Fredrik_Thege

I had osX 10.6.6 and autocad was just running "fine" / "workable" . yesterday night i updated to 10.6.7 and my whole working day today got ruined of frustrating. I read the copy/paste issue on the forum and passing it by, since it was not an issue to me. now that it is i hoped that their was a solution... but unfortunately no one seem to have and i am already figuring what to do when monday's working day start again. this autocad is now unworkable for me...

autocad so quickly came around with their sp1, which for a lot of people including me, only got it worse and crashes after 5 minutes. why is autodesk taking so long now for a sp2 release since the problems around this "product" only getting worse every day, mentioned by more people.

well it seems, that with still 2 days ahes before monday start, i need to find a solution and i think it is not going to be autocad on monday

Message 34 of 84
jschaap
in reply to: jschaap

btw anyone know for a good alternative for the moment... highdesign, procad, ???  drafsight doesnt do the trick, it is slow in zooming.. maybe autodesk can give me a good substitute/alternative for their program LOL

Message 35 of 84
cthomsen

Dear Buurjongenshon. I also  use Vectorworks as well as AutoCAD. It is a perfectly nice program and a good bit more intuitive but considerabley less robust and far less universal that AutoCAD.

I primarily used the copy/past function to move a drawing or a block from one file to another.There's a work around for this function. You can use the File, Attach function and then in the Reference Manager, right click on the file name and select "Bind." and it will integrate the drawing into your current drawing.

I reported the problem to Autodesk and got the following reply:

Charles,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.  We are investigating it right now and will provide the resolution as soon as we can.

Please rest assured that it is our highest priority item and we are working on it as fast as we can.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvinience this could be causing you.

Misha Belilovskiy
AutoCAD Test Development

Message 36 of 84
jschaap
in reply to: elvera88

thanks for the reply, nice to see that autodesk is working on it. at the moment i resseted my mac osx back to 10.6.3 (the orginal that it came with). need to start autocad yet after restoring my documents and see if it helps for the time beeing

Message 37 of 84
cthomsen

Let me know if that works. What graphics card are you using?

Message 38 of 84

The only thing I have found that seems to help minimize the crashes when copying is selecting what you want to copy and right click and selet "Copy Selection" - I still can't copy and paste from one dwg to the other but at least this allows me to copy within the document with fewer crashes.

Message 39 of 84
belilom
in reply to: LaurenHowley

Yes, as Charles mentioned, it is our highest priority at Autodesk to resolve this Copy/Paste issue.  We are investigating the problem and hopefully will get a resolution very soon.

Meanwhile, until the fix is posted, it would be best to avoid 10.6.7 update.

Sorry for the inconvinience this is causing you.

Misha Belilovskiy

AutoCAD Test Development

Message 40 of 84
jschaap
in reply to: cthomsen

autocad seem to be working fine again with 10.6.3.. althoug other problems (programs) rising so i will update again to 10.6.6.. autocad was working ok with this version for me

i using a mbp 15" with 8gb model late 2010

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost