AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 does not start w/ OS 10.7 (w/ all 3 update)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
drdekay
1459 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 does not start w/ OS 10.7 (w/ all 3 update)

I have a iMac 27" (late 2009) i7 Intel 2.8 GHz, 8 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB graphics.  Program was working with OS 10.6.8. Upgraded to OS 10.7.5 AutoCAD 2011 for Mac will not start. Had difficulty updating AutoCAD. Initially update 1 said I did not have a AutoCAD software that could be updated. used uninstaller. Then reinstalled AutoCad 2011 for Mac (student version). Updaters 1, 2, and 3 appeared to work. But AutoCAD 2011 for mac will still not start. You see for a moment the startup screen then nothing. I did not install AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Hot fix for pan zoom stability and Autoloader launch. Please advise. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: drdekay

Hi,

Have you tried this solution

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18406763&linkID=15839490&siteID=123112

from AutoCAD for Mac Knowlege Base?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
drdekay

Hello, Thank you for the suggestion but after uninstalling and re-installing and using all three updates. I used the Terminal commands. I used the commands before I installed the software. And again after I tried to launch AutoCAD. But it did not help. AutoCAD icon bounces, see startup screen for a moment then nothing. Activity Monitor does not show AutoCAD.

Very Frustrated

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

Hi,

What do you see in System.log in Console.app when you try to launch AutoCAD?

Do you have Adobe software on your Mac?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
wei503
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim's suspection is right. The behavior seems very like a failure during license checking.

The solution below can be used to fix the license error. Hope it helps.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16276182&linkID=15839490

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 6 of 11
drdekay
in reply to: wei503

Hello, Wei, I installed AutoCAD 2001 for Mac and immediately update app. with all 3 updates. I typed the following into Terminal: sudo mv /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher_old this was the out come after I typed my password: Last login: Tue Jan 8 10:19:44 on ttys001 David-Katzers-iMac:~ drk$ sudo mv /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher_old Password: sudo: mv /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher: command not found David-Katzers-iMac:~ drk$ Please advise. Thank you. Best Regards David Katzer
Message 7 of 11
drdekay

Hello Maxin I have Adobe software on my Mac. Adobe CS5 design Suite 1) Adobe Photo shop CS5 extended 12.04x64 2) Adobe Illustrator CS5 15.0.2 3)Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro 4) Acrobat.com etc (total of 13 app.s) Also Adobe Flash player and who knows what. Is Adobe causing problems as usual? Thank you Best Regards, David Katzer Copy of Console readout: 1/8/13 9:46:17.024 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libWinAPI.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.073 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libWinAPI.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.073 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.103 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libPersSubentNaming.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.103 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.108 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libacfirst.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.109 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.385 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libgelib.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.386 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.387 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libadASM.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.387 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.389 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libmodlr.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.390 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.410 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libacdb.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:17.410 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:20.322 AM LMU: 435 DAEMONIZE: setting umask 0 1/8/13 9:46:20.323 AM LMU: 435 DAEMONIZE: session parent exiting 1/8/13 9:46:20.323 AM LMU: exiting and supressing hooks: 0 1/8/13 9:46:20.323 AM LMU: 436 DAEMONIZE: session new session leader 1/8/13 9:46:20.323 AM LMU: 436 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect parent exiting 1/8/13 9:46:20.324 AM LMU: 437 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect child 1/8/13 9:46:20.324 AM LMU: 437 DAEMONIZE: closing file descriptors 1/8/13 9:46:20.324 AM LMU: 437 Execing /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R1/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/lmuopen 1/8/13 9:46:20.324 AM LMU: 437 with argument: lmuopen 1/8/13 9:46:20.324 AM LMU: 437 with argument: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R1/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU 1/8/13 9:46:20.406 AM lmuopen: Launching: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R1/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU 1/8/13 9:46:22.793 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libacdb.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.793 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.797 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libmodlr.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.798 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.799 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libadASM.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.799 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.801 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libgelib.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.801 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.802 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libacfirst.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.802 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.806 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libPersSubentNaming.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.807 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.830 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/libWinAPI.dylib' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead. 1/8/13 9:46:22.830 AM AutoCAD: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Library/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead.
Message 8 of 11
maxim_k

Hi David,

If you get "sudo: mv /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher: command not found", than there could be something wrong with PATH variable on your Mac (OS can not find mv command).

If, as you write, you have Adobe products on your Mac, you can try the solution without using Terminal. Look for it in my blog:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/autocad-for-mac-and-adobe-software/

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 11
drdekay

Dear Maxim, Thank you for your help. I followed your straight forward directions form your blog. And as you predicted your solution corrected the problem. Well done. And my Adobe apps work also. Thank you again. Best Regards, David Katzer
Message 10 of 11
mollybyersm

hi maxim, 

i am running autocad 2011 and suddenly the program will not launch. i have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times as well as run all three udpates. i am attaching a screenshot of my console - would really appreciate your help on this as i have tried many fixes over the last few hours and cannot seem to get cad to launch. thank you! 

molly

Message 11 of 11
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi molly,

Which OS do you have on your Mac?
AutoCAD 2011 is not compatible with 10.8.x and 10.9.x OS.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost