AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archstyl Font in 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CoryRiley
818 Views, 6 Replies

Archstyl Font in 2015

We have recently upgraded one of our office computers to AutoCAD Lt for Mac 2015 from version 2013.  So far so good, however we are wanting to add the archstyl font.  I have attempted to add the .shx file to the AutoCAD fonts folder in the same way I did for version 2013 (Mac HD, Autodesk; show package contents etc.).  Once the folder has been located, my computer will not allow me to add the archstyl.shx to it.  Is there a new method for adding this file so AutoCAD will recognize it?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: CoryRiley

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Could you clarity: are you able to copy archstyl.shx to desired folder? Or you unable to copy?
- maybe you need admin privileges to copy files to the fonts folder inside AutoCAD

Or maybe you copied the font but can not see it in AutoCAD?
- try to restart AutoCAD if it was running when you copied the font.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
CoryRiley
in reply to: maxim_k

I am not able to copy the file to the folder, it won’t allow me to. I am an admin on the computer, but perhaps it didn’t have me recognized - I will attempt in a different way and see if that works. Generally, is my approach correct?

per: Coreen (Cory) Riley BID, NCIDQ
Licensed Interior Designer, AAA
Registered Interior Designer, IDA
Interior Design & Business Operations

Suite A205, 1600 90th Ave. SW
Calgary, AB T2V 5A8
Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Yes, you need to copy font file to this folder and you should be prompted to enter admin password. Do you get any alert from Mac OS when you attempt to copy?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
CoryRiley

I have logged in to the computer as the admin and it will still not permit me to drop the files into the folder.  

Message 6 of 7
CoryRiley

I was finally able to make it work - not sure why it didn't work before!   Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
info9NN45

Hi there - I am having teh same problem but with ACAD 2016 LT - i have tried to upload fonts (SHX) from consultant data to my system;  I have found a few FONT directories but when i restart nothing shows;  font name shows but not style shown.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost