AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative text question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Johnh57
244 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative text question

This is a pretty basic question about annotative text.  I'm just self tesching myself about using them.

I generally work in model space and I typically work in full scale, I'm learning that with annotative text and dimensions it seems to work best if you set your scale according to what you're going to plot.

In a typically model space I may have foundation plan with dimensioning, then in another area of the model dwg file I will develop the appropriate details. They may be specific to this project - or I may utilize an existing detail I have on hand.  Of course details are typiclly plotted in larger scales than the overall plan.

As an example, I am doing a simple foundation plan now that will be  plotted in 1/8" scale, so my model is set at 1/8" scale and the overall floorplan in the paperspace viewport is scaled at 1/8".  Text and labels are also set at 1/8".    

But I have details within this same dwg file - foundation cross-sections, connections, etc. that will be plotted at a different scale - maybe 1/4" = 1', maybe 1/2 " = 1' Labelling the details in model space with annotative text that is supposed to print at 1/8" on paper is nearly unusable without resetting the drawing scale.

Is switching back and forth on dwg scale the only way to handle this? or is there a way to scale specific text (and dims really) in model space to some scale other than the base model space scale (without over-riding the paper height)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Johnh57

Hi,

For your case the best solution could be to create separate dimension style for two scales you are using in a drawing and use appropriate dim style when you need it.
Innovative dim and styles works best if you are using Layouts.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Johnh57
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks, I'll work on that.

On anther note: Neither of these posts have any 'kudo's' But I'm getting an autodesk email notification every hour for the last couple of days that someone has given my post a Kudo. I've turned off email notifications for Kudo's and most everything else - but I'm still getting the email.
Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Johnh57

I think you need to create topic about your problem here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-feedback/bd-p/3011

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost