AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive degradation causing graphics issues on macbook pro retina

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
messee99
857 Views, 1 Reply

Adaptive degradation causing graphics issues on macbook pro retina

I have recently installed autocad 2014 for mac and I seem to have an issue where the program interferes with the graphics on my macbook pro retina. The display becomes extremely glitchy, even after the program has been shut down. I seem to have found a solution, which is to disable adaptive degradation, however this needs to be performed everything i open a new session of autocad. I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem, also i would like to know if there is anyway i can disable adaptive degradtion permanently, so I do not have to do this everytime i open the app. 

Thanks, Kyle.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: messee99

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi Kule,

On my Mac I'm able to disable adaptive degradation permanently (saved between AutoCAD sessions) using both ways:

- via AutoCAD Preferences dialog

- and by using -3DCONFIG command (yes, with dash before 3DCONFIG):

Command: -3DCONFIG
Configure: -3DCONFIG
Enter option [Adaptive degradation/Dynamic tessellation/General options/acceLeration/Plot emulation/eXit] <Adaptive degradation>: A
Configure: Adaptive degradation
Enter mode [ON/OFF] <ON>: OFF
Configure: -3DCONFIG
Enter option [Adaptive degradation/Dynamic tessellation/General options/acceLeration/Plot emulation/eXit] <Adaptive degradation>: X
Command:

How are you trying to disable it?

Maxim

EDIT: I'm using AutoCAD 2014 with Beta of SP3 installed on Mavericks (10.9.5) on MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost