AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Autodesk 360 Instance Detected error message when reinstalling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnvogt
19607 Views, 6 Replies

Active Autodesk 360 Instance Detected error message when reinstalling

Hello,

Recently Apple had to give me a new hard drive, so when my computer was repaired I transferred my system back to my computer via a backup hard drive. When I tried to use AutoCAD the software would not open because critical files had been moved or changed. So I uninstalled the program and tried to reinstall it. When reinstalling I get an error message stating: "Active Autodesk 360 Instance Detected," which tells me to close all active instances of Autodesk 360. However, there isnt a Autodesk instance running on my computer when this happens. A Autodesk employee recommended that I turn off a Sync option in the menu bar, however, Autodesk isnt running and there isn't a menu bar to access. I've tried removing all previous autodesk files from my computer, that doesn't work either. 

Any suggestions on how I can fix this???

Thanks, John. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: johnvogt

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi John,

Please, check that there is no Autodesk 360 icon on menu bar:

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 18.13.59.png

If you have it - then right-click on it and select "Exit"

If you don't have the icon - than check Activity Monitor application about Autodesk 360:

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 18.17.05.png

If you have it - then select it and pick on Force quit button.

If you don't have it among processes, than go to Mac System Preferences, Users and Groups pane, select your name in Users list, on the right side switch to Login items, find Autodesk 360, select it and pick on "-" button to remove from list.
Restart your Mac and try to run installation again.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
alexhewitson94
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for that Maxim - I had the same problem and couldn't get anything to work til I saw your post! 

Message 4 of 7
IsaacDyer

Ahhhhh, Thankyou soo soo much i have a school internal due and ive been struggling with this problem for days you saved me. I love you xoxoxo

Message 5 of 7
RHD
Community Visitor

Huge thanks for that, I had exactly the same issue after Apple replaced my hard drive.

Message 6 of 7
robyn

thanks so much. no-one at apple care could tell me this. 

Message 7 of 7
Corsellis23
in reply to: johnvogt

YES that worked!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost