AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acad.pat location

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tranchellinim
30319 Views, 3 Replies

acad.pat location

Hello all!

I've struggled the whole day with this and I'd like to share the result to avoid someone else to do the same...

I needed to add paterns to my acad.pat file. Using the procedure that is included in the hatch command gave no result. The added paterns were never added. No luck?

Then I wanted to edit manually the acad.pat file. I used the command which is included in the hatch command that allows to reach the acad.pat file directly. I made the change to that acad.pat file whithout any success. I did the same in the acadiso.pat file that was also there. No success.

Serching on the web I finally came across a command that is

(findfile "acad.pat")

That was the trick...

The file I was sent to over the Search in the Finder option in the hatch command was in the folder named:

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/fra/Support/acad.pat

The file that came out with the findfile command above sent me to this other folder:

/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2013/AutoCAD 2013.app/Contents/Resources/Support/acad.pat

The outcome of that is that I was trying to edit the wrong file...   Because AutoCAD sent me there!

Hope it helps someone!

At least the development team...

Regards

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: tranchellinim

Hi Michael,

You are right in your case,

BUT in my installation of AutoCAD both "Find in Finder" option in Hatch Library drop-down list and AutoLISP statement (findfile "acad.pat") return the same path: "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/support/acad.pat".

And I know the case of such behavior - it is in "Support File Search Path" sequence. In my case "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/support" is in first place and "/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2013/AutoCAD 2013.app/Contents/Resources/Support" on the second place:

Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 19.41.58.png

so AutoCAD at first searches "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2013/R19.0/enu/support" folder for support files (including acad.pat, acadiso.pat and others) and then it searches "/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2013/AutoCAD 2013.app/Contents/Resources/Support" folder.

In your case search sequence is quite opposite (don't know why).

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
ron0ryan1
in reply to: tranchellinim

CREATE a directory for all your new hatches, use Options, support file search path, ADD

add the new directory of hatches DONE

acad is a kluster f

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ron0ryan1

Excellent advise!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost