AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)
Accepted Solution

ACAD Mac non-associative dimensions

299 Views, 3 Replies
12-26-2011 12:22 PM

I have been working on a basement floor plan for my house in order to get familiar with AutoCAD for Mac. I ran across the strangest anomaly. When I started to add dimensions, the dimensions I added the first day were all fine, but when I added dimensions the second day, they were all non-associative. For those not familiar with the term, it means the the wall dimension that was 1ft the first day, showed up as 1/8 inch the second day. I have tried everything I can think of without  any solution, specifically… DIMASSOC was correctly set to 2, as it is supposed to be. I tried playing with the other commands such as DIMREASSOCIATE, DIMDISASSOCIATE, and DIMREGEN. None of them helped.

The drawing segment shows the problem. At this point, I am out of ideas… help! 

This is my own followup to my original posting. The problem I discovered is that AcadMac 2012 does not allow associativity with multilines. The solution I discovered is to explode the multilines. There is a list of other things that don't allow associativity but I misplaced where I found the list. If anybody else has that list, I would appreciate seeing it again as I think I may have some other causes for non-associativity.

From Help documentation:

"Associative dimensions support most object types that you would expect to dimension, they do not support the following

• Hatches
  • Multiline objects
  • 2D solids
  • Objects with nonzero thickness
  • Images

Associativity is not maintained between a dimension and a block reference if the block is redefined.

Associativity might not maintained between a dimension and a 3D solid if the shape of the 3D solid is modified.

Dimensions created with QDIM are not associative but may be associated individually with DIMREASSOCIATE."

HTH

Maxim

Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

Re: ACAD Mac non-associative dimensions

12-26-2011 12:26 PM in reply to: 729380

I should have added one other bizarre feature of the dimensioning, on the second day, some dimensions still scaled correctly while others did not.

Message 3 of 4 (277 Views)

12-28-2011 05:02 AM in reply to: 729380

This is my own followup to my original posting. The problem I discovered is that AcadMac 2012 does not allow associativity with multilines. The solution I discovered is to explode the multilines. There is a list of other things that don't allow associativity but I misplaced where I found the list. If anybody else has that list, I would appreciate seeing it again as I think I may have some other causes for non-associativity.

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)

12-28-2011 08:57 AM in reply to: 729380

From Help documentation:

"Associative dimensions support most object types that you would expect to dimension, they do not support the following

• Hatches
  • Multiline objects
  • 2D solids
  • Objects with nonzero thickness
  • Images

Associativity is not maintained between a dimension and a block reference if the block is redefined.

Associativity might not maintained between a dimension and a 3D solid if the shape of the 3D solid is modified.

Dimensions created with QDIM are not associative but may be associated individually with DIMREASSOCIATE."

HTH

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!