AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD Mac non-associative dimensions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
524 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD Mac non-associative dimensions

I have been working on a basement floor plan for my house in order to get familiar with AutoCAD for Mac. I ran across the strangest anomaly. When I started to add dimensions, the dimensions I added the first day were all fine, but when I added dimensions the second day, they were all non-associative. For those not familiar with the term, it means the the wall dimension that was 1ft the first day, showed up as 1/8 inch the second day. I have tried everything I can think of without  any solution, specifically… DIMASSOC was correctly set to 2, as it is supposed to be. I tried playing with the other commands such as DIMREASSOCIATE, DIMDISASSOCIATE, and DIMREGEN. None of them helped.

The drawing segment shows the problem. At this point, I am out of ideas… help! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: 729380

I should have added one other bizarre feature of the dimensioning, on the second day, some dimensions still scaled correctly while others did not.

Message 3 of 4

This is my own followup to my original posting. The problem I discovered is that AcadMac 2012 does not allow associativity with multilines. The solution I discovered is to explode the multilines. There is a list of other things that don't allow associativity but I misplaced where I found the list. If anybody else has that list, I would appreciate seeing it again as I think I may have some other causes for non-associativity.

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

From Help documentation:

"Associative dimensions support most object types that you would expect to dimension, they do not support the following

• Hatches
  • Multiline objects
  • 2D solids
  • Objects with nonzero thickness
  • Images

Associativity is not maintained between a dimension and a block reference if the block is redefined.

Associativity might not maintained between a dimension and a 3D solid if the shape of the 3D solid is modified.

Dimensions created with QDIM are not associative but may be associated individually with DIMREASSOCIATE."

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost