AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD Mac 2012 not displaying select dialogue boxes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cwilk
1422 Views, 4 Replies

ACAD Mac 2012 not displaying select dialogue boxes

After using 2012 for a few months I have discovered that some dialogue boxes do not display but seem to act as if they are open. For example, if I initiate the style command, I get a quick glimpse of the dialogue box but then it disappears. The program then acts as if the command is active (all other pulldown menu items are greyed, command line shows the command, etc.) and I can't do anything else until I hit escape. This happens in several other commnads too: page set up manager, color, block, linewieght, scale list, just to nbame a few, but not others. For instance linetype, point styple, dimension style, etc., work as they should.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Lion 10.7.2

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jess05
in reply to: cwilk

Hi

Ive got the same exact problem, and I cant find the solution, in one related topic http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/LT2012-for-Mac-Dialog-Box-disappearing/td-p/3212836 one solution seems to work for others but not for me.  Any other solution.

Thanx!!

Message 3 of 5
margie_lo
in reply to: jess05

I am having the same problem and have tried what the other post recommended - no luck.  Has anyone found a solution to this??  When I input 'INSERT' in the command line I get an image of the first block listed in my drawing in the lower left corner of the screen.  I can toggle through the blocks already inserted in my drawing by using the arrows, but I cannot insert a new block.  I am finding more and more dialog boxes that just are not appearing at all:

PAGESETUP

Layer color manager

HATCH (visor shows up, but not the dialog box with full options)

I'm at a stand still - any have any ideas???

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
jess05

Hi, After a few days trying to solve this, what worked for me was to delete "com.autodesk.AutoCAD.plist"  (as mentioned here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/LT2012-for-Mac-Dialog-Box-disappearing/m-p/3213286#M32...  AND another one but I cant remember if it  was "com.autodesk.AutoCAD.R18.2.ACAD-A032.409.plist" or "com.autodesk.AutoCAD.plist.lockfile".

Anyway what i can recomend you is to copy those files to a safe location, delete the ones inside your Library and restart autocad. If anything fails you just put those files back back.

Sorry for not posting before forgetting the exact files.

Message 5 of 5
breeze000000000

Had the same problem.  I had to switch which monitor was the primary one. it will create a phantom monitor if its backwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost