AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT Mac 2013 (App Store) acadlt.cfg problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
swong20
311 Views, 2 Replies

ACAD LT Mac 2013 (App Store) acadlt.cfg problem

I have upgraded to yosemite and didn't seem to have any issues, but then I changed the name of my user home folder and now Autocad starts to open but then says: "Configuration file may be locked by another process or have been set Read Only (.cfg, .bak). File: /Applications/AutoCAD LT 2013.app/Contents/Library/acadlt.cfg..." I can navigate to that folder and thought it would be a simple textedit to change the user folder name,  but acadlt.cfg does not even exist in this folder. I've reinstalled twice, removed app and removed the Autocad folder from "Application Support" but I still get the same error message. I'm pretty sure it's related to my changing the home folder name.

Help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: swong20

Hi,

At first, I want to say that it was a bad idea to rename your Home forlder, because this can screw up your Mac completely.

The only one thing I can advice you is to try to remove AutoCAD LT 2013 preferences file - com.autodesk.autocadlt2013.plist - which should be in /Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Preferences/ folder, than try to start AutoCAD again.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
swong20
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for the Sunday reply!

I know it wasn't the best thing to change the home folder name. It was a new computer, so I figured I wouldn't mess up too much - live and learn.

I tried your suggestion and that didn't work either. I tried many things, including copying a .cfg from another computer into the location the alert kept asking for and got ACAD to launch, but it was missing all the menus and palettes and I could not configure all the paths in the preferences (some were in the ACAD app bundle file).

I gave it one last try - deleting everything, restarting, then reinstalling and it is finally working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost