AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC LT 2013 on ML - Printing Issues

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
THDesign-CA
3628 Views, 8 Replies

AC LT 2013 on ML - Printing Issues

Please help with these issues, if you can:

1. How does one print to PDF in B&W from a color layout on screen? For that matter how des one change paper space drawing display to black & white as opposed to showing layer colours? I could do that on WIn for ACAD 2007-2009.

2. How can I pick, import or use a legacy .ctb or .stb pen settings file to print to PDF from ACAD LT 2013 on Mac?

3. SCALELISTEDIT addition / changes to a viewport scale DO NOT get reflected properly in Properties Inspector palette. The Annotation Scale shows them, but not the Standard Scale pop-down. Why?

Any help or feedback much appreciated.

Marcel

Terry Heard Designers
350 Lakeshore Road East · Suite 200
Oakville · ON · Canada · L6J 1J6
tel | 905.842.3131
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: THDesign-CA

Hi Marcel,

1. It appears that you did not disclose additional options in Page Setup dialog - you can do this with small button with arrow (it is near OK button in Page Setup dialog):

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 9.23.02.png

After you expand the dialog you can find all necessary options:

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 9.24.02.png

2. In order to add "legacy .ctb or .stb pen settings file" you can open PST list and select "Reveal in Finder" - this will open Plotters folder with "Plot Styles" folder, where you can copy your CTB files.

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 9.24.23.png

3. You are right - looks like a bug (defect)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 9
THDesign-CA
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you deeply Maxim, my gratitude goes out to you my Russian friend.

No wonder I didn't see it... why would they make it so small and undetectable is beyond me.

Cheers,

Marcel 

Terry Heard Designers
tel | 905.842.3131
Message 4 of 9
gregory

While we're on the subject has there been any updates to print at better quality direclty from and HPdesign Jet?  I keep having to plot PDF's to then plot to my HPdesignjet 500!  and I'm still not getting great quality prints!

Message 5 of 9
THDesign-CA

Hello Maxim,

Further to my original post, the Standard scale of the videwport on the layout page will change from the set 1:100 to something else like an overall view if I click in the viewport to switch to Model space to pan the drawing for layout adjustments, which obviously defeats any control of what gets printed or saved to scale in that viewport.

I usually do this from the Standard scale pop-down menu in the Properties Inspector palette. Is there something I don't do right?

I don't remember seeing this in ACAD for Windows. Any thoughts?

"3. SCALELISTEDIT addition / changes to a viewport scale DO NOT get reflected properly in Properties Inspector palette. The Annotation Scale shows them, but not the Standard Scale pop-down. Why?"

THD

"3. You are right - looks like a bug (defect)

Maxim"

Terry Heard Designers
tel | 905.842.3131
Message 6 of 9
maxim_k

Hi,

Not sure that I understood your question correctly, but in Mac version you can select viewport scale from Status Bar, when you are "inside" viewport in Layout:

Screen Shot 2013-03-10 at 22.52.21.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 9
THDesign-CA

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for replying. Yes I can but it's all screwy. In order to get a partial print of a larger drawing at 1:200 I had to set the scale at 1:20 (!?!) from inside the viewport and everytime I have to pan the drawing for partial printouts at same scale, the viewport depth gets reset to an ovearall view. Back to dynamic zoom back into what I think the view will be, set the scale properly and get a one-time chance to pan, after which I have to repeat the procedure for every other panning need.....Why on earth do I have to go thorugh this for what should be a simple repetitive function?

Besides the buggy scale edit thing, the way the relationship between Annotation scale (AS) / Standard scale (SS) and Custom (CS) is behaving is beyond my comprehension. If I set the Annotation scale at 1:1, and try to get a 1:200 scale print from the other 2 fileds, it will reset both SS and CS and not work no matter what I do. 

To make matters even more frustrating, the Scale lineweights check button does not make any difference regardless if we print / preview as PDF (that's Apple's fault with their Quartz-based PDF implementation) or send the plot directly to the printer and yes, we have the right .ctb file from the Client.

We're seriosly thinking of switching the license to ACAD LT for WIndows and run it under Paralles.

Thank you for you consistent, timely and kind help.

Marcel

Terry Heard Designers
tel | 905.842.3131
Message 8 of 9
gregory

Have you tried to lock the viewport?

I usually use MVSETUP for scaling my viewport, maybe try it that way...

Maxim help me out a way back with the line weights by having me update the ctb file settings... Maybe look for that post.
Message 9 of 9
maxim_k

Hi Marcel,

@THDesign-CA wrote:

Hi Maxim,

... In order to get a partial print of a larger drawing at 1:200 I had to set the scale at 1:20 (!?!) from inside the viewport...

Why you have to set scale at 1:20? Set it to 1:200!

There is no such standard scale (1:200) in viewport scale list, but you can add it to Scale list by selecting "Edit scale list" from Viewport scale drop-down list on Status Bar. Once you add it, you can use it in current drawing. This custom scale also added to Annotation scale list in Properties palette, and you can use it to set annotation scale for selected viewport.

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 7.57.06.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 7.57.15.png

In my practice, when I set sacle for viewport (from Status Bar or from Properties palette) then "go" inside this viewport - I can freely pan Model space to find desired portion of my drawing without loosing scale I have set. Of course the viewport shouldn't be locked when I pan inside it.

Scale lineweights check box also works for me (in both cases - if I use CTB file for assigning lineweights, or if I use lineweight property for Layer or for individual objects).

Here is the result of printing geometry with "Scale lineweights" unchecked:

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 8.28.46.png

And here the same drawing, the same scale for output - with "Scale lineweights" checked:

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 8.28.58.png

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost