AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d to 2d

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jdd285
8322 Views, 6 Replies

3d to 2d

trying to flatten file .. all lines connected to different layers in 3d. when viewed from top 3d view things are regular. except measurements. Will send file. ive tired flatshot. did not seem to do anything. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jdd285

FLATSHOT only works with solids - it won't help you with your lines.  The FLATTEN command would be helpful here, but is not available on AutoCAD for MAC 2011.  

I do not know of a way to automatically fix this without the FLATTEN command, but you can fix your lines manually.  The easiest way to do this is to use select a group of similar objects.  Make sure your UCS is "world." In the properties inspector, see the geometry section.  For Lines, change the Start Z & End Z to 0.  For Polylines and other closed objects, change the elevation to 0.  You may need to convert your splines to polylines using SPLINEDIT before changing their elevation.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
Johneng

I have no way to test this and have never tried it but you can try this tip from Kate Morrical's LT Unlimited blog Mimic Express Tool “Flatten” which can be found at the following link.

http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/mimic-express-tool-flatten.html

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Johneng

@Johneng wrote:

I have no way to test this and have never tried it but you can try this tip from Kate Morrical's LT Unlimited blog Mimic Express Tool “Flatten” which can be found at the following link.

http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/mimic-express-tool-flatten.html

Hi all,

Yes this is the Great tip from Kate!

It flatten everything (including splines)!

@jdd285

You can try small Lisp routine, based on Kate's script, that I wrote. I have tried it on your drawing file, and it works.

Just appload Flatten_all.lsp, and call FLAT command, select objects you need to be flatten and hit Enter.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 7
jdd285
in reply to: maxim_k

sounds great. i downloaded the flatten _all .lsp file  however i not sure what to do with it now. sorry to sound like a pain. 

Message 6 of 7
jdd285

here is another file that is doing the same thing. i still cannot get it to work for autocad for mac. but i went to a friends old autocad 2008 and used flatten command.

seemed to easy not to be on the mac lt version... but still could not get this file to flatten. it might be because of the objects that are in the drawing not sure. but if your willing to give a look ill surely appreciate it. 

Thanks again

Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

Hi jjdd285,

Unzip downloaded file to some place in your home folder (I use specially created folder "LSP" for my custom Lisp routines).

Open your file, from Tools menu select "Load Application...", in Load application dialog navigate to your LISP file, select it and pick "Load" button. Close dialog, type FLAT at Command prompt.... you will see result.

You can also check-mark "Add to history" and applications, that you already have loaded some time ago will stay in History list for fast loading.

For more help see On-line Help on Load/Unload Applications Dialog Box

Maxim

in attachment - your flatten file (just have purged unused blocks from it)

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost