AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Orbit Bug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
690 Views, 4 Replies

3D Orbit Bug

If you use a regurlar USB mouse to do a 3D orbit, everything behaves as expected. Rotating your object is analagous to grabbing the front face, and as you move your mouse to the left, it is like you are moving the front of your object to the left, rotating it clockwise. Similarly, moving your mouse up rotates the front of your object up.

The problem arises when you use the trackpad to orbit. Sliding your figers up rotates the object up, as expect, but slide to the left, and the front face of your object rotates to the right!

This must be a bug, right? Is anyone else observing this same issue? According to this post, the problem is also present on a magic mouse. It was there on the 2013 version, and I just downloaded the trial of the 2014 version, and the issue is there too. Panning is fine, its just on orbit. Chaning Mac trackpad preferences for scrolling has no effect.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
I'll try to check this issue with trackpad once again tonight, as now I don't have my MacBook at hand.
Just want to clarify: do you mean ordinary 3DORBIT command? That is you start 3DORBIT from command prompt (or with button on Status Bar) than you can see what you described. Or you are using ViewCube? Or maybe Shift+scroll?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Shift + 2 finger drag on the trackpad, shift + 3rd Button on a mouse. I thought it was the same thing as 3D orbit, but if I type the command and click and 1 finger drag, it behaves correctly. Seems to just be 2 finger "scrolling" related.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Does nobody else have this issue? Is everyone using a mouse? I thought the shift+scroll method of turning your object was fairly standard procedure.

Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

Hi,
Sorry for silence, just want to confirm that I can see such inconsistent behavior on my side too. It seems that this behavior (defect) laid somewhere within the application code ANC can not be changed.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost