AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 vs 2015 LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jpbrooks
311 Views, 3 Replies

2015 vs 2015 LT

Hi First time poster.

Being a long term user of Auto cad on windows,  I now only use windows for autocad.  I have been successfully using autocad through parallels for a number of years,  but still spend a lot of time on my old steam powered PC.  

I have downloaded trial of 2014 for Mac and more recently 2015 Mac, and really enjoying and apart from getting used to the interface can see this as being the way forward for me. 

I have two questions, if any body could offer any advice.

1.  Is there much loss of functions in the LT version ?  All my work is residential house and site plans etc, and I do nothing in 3D.  Although I have always previously used full version on windows ( not upgraded for 4 years !). Being ' a one man band'  its hard to justify for the cost of the full version, but on the other hand as my CAD work is my 'bread and butter' I do not want to have a program that is not as efficient as it could be.

2.  i doubt any one could answer his,  but does it seem likely that Autodesk will continue to develop and support MAC version, as there been much uptake.  I am reluctant to invest a large amount of money into a program that then is discontinued ?

Thanks in advance for any advise 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: jpbrooks

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

I can tell you a lot about the differences between AutoCAD LT and full AutoCAD, but maybe the official documents from Autodesk will tell you more.

So here is AutoCAD LT vs. AutoCAD comparison:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-lt/compare/compare-products

Plus AutoCAD LT for Mac has some differences in functionality in compare to AutoCAD LT for PC:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-lt/compare/compare-platforms

As about your second question: I can not say for sure, but it seems to me, that Autodesk will continue to develop AutoCAD for Mac platform and will add missing functionality year by year.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
jpbrooks
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for that.  

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: jpbrooks

If all you are doing is basic lines and blocks from palettes, LT might be acceptable.  If you are using multiple profiles (e.g. switching search paths for different clients) or using automation to speed up repetetive operations you will require the full version.  As you noted, having the right tools is part of the cost of doing business.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost