AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot device error: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4123 Views, 5 Replies

Plot device error: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found.

Hi everybody,

my autocad 2015 is not able to plot anything anymore: everytime I try to plot something, this waring (in the screenshot attached) appears and autocad plots the paper in a wrong way. The fact is that I don't know why the program stopped working. help me out please!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This is not a fatal error.

You receive it because DWG file you are trying to plot was already plotted (or has current Page Setup) with "DWG to PDF" plotter from PC version of AutoCAD. And printer (plotter) with this name is not available on your Mac. After you dismiss this alert with OK button you should be able to plot using your current OS X System printer with default paper size.

If you don't want to see this message again and again, you need to use Page Setup Manager to override "DWG to PDF" printer name with printer available on your Mac, or you can create new Page Setup with printer available on your Mac and set it current in Page Setup Manager.

BTW, if you will create new printer in Mac OS System preferences (Printers & Scanners" pane), with the name "DWG to PPDF.pc3" - yes exactly with this name only without quotes:

2015-05-19 14-45-52 Printers & Scanners.png

and set it current in Mac OS System preferences, you will not get this alert from AutoCAD when you will open DWG file that was plotted from PC version of AutoCAD.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

ok, so you're saying that I can't use the plot sets used by a pc user and I have to create them myself from the beginning?  Anyway, I'm trying to add a new printer in the mac os settings, but it doesn't let me create a new one

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:

... Anyway, I'm trying to add a new printer in the mac os settings, but it doesn't let me create a new one

Please look at this video:

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

the only annoyng thing is that I have to make my own sets without the possibility to use anyone else's
Message 6 of 6
wei503

You just need to select a different printer, all other settings should remain the same and you do not have to change that.

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost