AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOTTOM OF SCREEN IS UNRESPONSIVE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
egjackson4
568 Views, 5 Replies

BOTTOM OF SCREEN IS UNRESPONSIVE

I am working on a macbook pro mostly. Recently, Autocad 2021 is dominating the bottom of my screen when it is open (if I'm in another program and click - especially the lower left corner of my screen with my mouse - it kicks me back into my Autocad window. When working in Autocad 2021, the lower left hand corner is non-responsive to the mouse clicks. This is especially cumbersome when trying to switch between model and paper space, or when switching between paper space layouts...Any help would be amazing. This is destroying my workflow.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: egjackson4

Hi Earl,

Have you tried to restart your Mac?
You may also try to Reset AutoCAD, but keep in mind that you will loose all your settings.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
rebsmaarc
in reply to: egjackson4

Were you able to resolve this issue?

I am finding when using CAD 2021 on a Mac, the bottom left corner of the screen is unresponsive. I have to move the whole window up and right in order to switch between model and paper space. 

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: rebsmaarc

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi @rebsmaarc 

Have you installed all updates to AutoCAD 2021 for Mac? Including this one:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-for-...

Have you tried to Reset AutoCAD?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6

This is still happening with version 2023. Since I started using MAC in 2013 this has always been an issue for me with all MACOS versions I had and all Autocad LT and not LT I installed.

Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

This has been happening for me with ALL versions of Autocad for Mac for years. It's the bottom left corner only. The computer thinks I clicking on any window I have open behind so I cannot access and of the tabs at the bottom LHS unless I move the whole window away from the left corner o use the 'layouts/model' commands. When I click, the Mac moves to whatever application I have open behind.

I have been updating my MacOS since 2017 and it has not been resolved. I'm now using Monterey 12.6.2 and Autocad 2024 full version. 

Mac specs: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), 

2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Are there any news on this issue?

Thank you

Irma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost