Did you mean: 

Why can't i draw a line???

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
shosler
25820 Views, 6 Replies

Why can't i draw a line???

1st off, i'll say that i'm new to AutoCad.

My question is: Why certin AutoCad files, I'm not able to draw lines?

I'm in model space. I can move objects. I can even erase/delete things. But I'm tring to edit this shop drawing, i need to add some details, so i need to draw some lines. I use the "l" command. Select my 1st point, then 2nd point. It doesn't work??? The Command line keeps saying: Specify next point or [Close/Undo]. But no lines are getting drawn. i finally have to hit escape to end the line command but no lines have gotten drawn. its the same thing if i draw a square or circle. (Not sure if you need to know this but these are my companies files created by a former employee of my company using our own AutoCad. So, i would think if he's locked this file somehow, i should be able to unlock it.)

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RKLindner
in reply to: shosler

Check to see if the layer is turned off.  Layers turned off can still have items drawn on them if current but will not show entities till turned on.

Message 3 of 7
pendean
in reply to: shosler

Why are you posting in the absolutely wrong forum? let the forum admins know which version of AutoCAD you are using so that they can move your post there instead of way down here.
Message 4 of 7
chrysa.gkogka
in reply to: RKLindner

Oh you just made me feel so stupid!

Thank', the layer was hidden!

Message 5 of 7
brandibadger
in reply to: pendean

you're rude. 

Message 6 of 7

Hi CAD friends,

I could not draw a line with all my layers on.

The grip/snap did not work properly but I could edit entities...

So I went to Drafting Settings and then to Snap+Grid and saw that I had my Snap X and Snap Y spacing to 10 meters.

I changed it to 0.1 meters and now I can again draw my lines choosing the snap/grips I tried before.

Thanks.

Blue skies.

Message 7 of 7
kasiclar
in reply to: RKLindner

Just solve my issue. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost