Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown command "image" - troubleshooting.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eng_posi
471 Views, 4 Replies

Unknown command "image" - troubleshooting.

Hi. I'm actually using an older version of AutoCAD - r14 - but it looks like other people have had similar issues in newer versions, but I haven't seen an answer so I'll try posting here.

I've used raster images with this version many times in the past. However, I just tried inserting one and I get the message Unknown command "IMAGE." I've tried restarting AutoCAD, restarting my computer, and using the command in different files, with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: eng_posi

In R14, go to the INSERT pulldown menu and select RASTER IMAGE: what happens? If the same, then something changed with your old R14 setup.
Message 3 of 5
eng_posi
in reply to: pendean

Yes, that's when it happens. I go to Insert>Raster Image. Nothing pops up, no dialog or anything, and in the command line it just says "Unknown command IMAGE." I'm assuming it's a problem with some sort of setting somewhere, I just don't know what it would be, or what I might have done to cause the change.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: eng_posi

Did you load or change your primary MNS/MNR menu file?
or do some editing?
There is no setting to change, you lost the command for a reason, often by loading or unloading a major element in AutoCAD.
Message 5 of 5
eng_posi
in reply to: pendean

Not that I am aware of. Not intentionally at least.

We do have it installed on another workstation, and the function works on that particular installation. Would it be possible to copy some files from the operational workstation onto the one without the insert raster command?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost